Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation with a 21-year track record of advising leading philanthropists, foundations and high-impact NGOs – enabling them to create lasting and systemic impact across the country.
With a team of 100+ professionals, Dasra has changed the face of Indian philanthropy by:
- Directing over INR 350 CR in funding commitments to the social sector
- Engaging 3,000 philanthropists, multi-lateral agencies and corporate foundations
- Partnering with organizations such as Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives, Bank of America, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Nilekani Philanthropies, Omidyar Network, Tata Trusts, USAID
- Publishing 68 research reports and white papers across various causes and sectors
- Evaluating over 2,000 non-profit organizations and social businesses
- Advising and growing 730 non-profit organizations and social businesses
We are looking for a full-time Associate to assist in Dasra’s efforts in driving critical insights and cutting-edge thought leadership on philanthropy in India. As part of the Thought Leadership team, they will be responsible for conceptualizing, creating, curating and managing content for the India Philanthropy Insights Platform, slated to be launched as India’s first comprehensive online hub that places philanthropist at the very centre and brings together trusted intelligence, insights and data onto a single platform to make giving more attractive, simple and strategic.
This is a roll-up-your-sleeves role for a highly entrepreneurial, flexible, dynamic and energetic individual, with a passion for transformative social change and strong knowledge of content strategy/creation and philanthropy.
- Execute content strategy, for the India Philanthropy Insights Platform, working closely with the team that is spearheading the overall product strategy, design and launch.
- Assist the end-to-end creation of thought leadership products (reports, whitepapers, articles, podcasts, etc.) across areas of Adolescents, Sanitation and others, involving secondary research, expert interviews and synthesizing of insights from multiple sources.
- Assist in building and managing partnerships with thought leaders across India’s development sector to curate cutting-edge perspectives on philanthropy from diverse organizations, individuals and knowledge platforms.
- Creatively seek out and suggest new products, formats and ideas for driving philanthropy thought leadership, maintaining cutting-edge sector knowledge.
- Engage with cross-functional teams, as required, throughout the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-6 years of experience in the Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on writing, content creation/management, and multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Written & Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, with a strong passion for written story-telling, keen attention to detail and ability to connect complex ideas to foresight
- Content Platform Experience: Prior experience in designing or managing an online knowledge/content platform at a large-scale is highly preferred, though not required.
- Research & Thought Leadership: Experience in conceptualizing and creating thought leadership products (reports, whitepapers, articles, podcasts, etc.) by leveraging several internal and external insights and data results
- Sector Understanding: Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of philanthropy and the development sector in India
- Project Management: Prior experience in independently defining project scope and managing complex, long-term projects with the team as well as client and other relevant stakeholders while managing budgets, adhering to deadlines, information throughout the project, and engaging other team members (up, down, across) at relevant points
- Influencing Ability: Strong ability to work collaboratively with different groups, including senior management, funders, non-profit partners, technical partners and various teams within and outside the organization.
- Relationship Management: Ability to proactively identify and develop new partners and independently deepen existing relationships over time, while shaping creative opportunities for them to strategically influence change within sector
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Work independently, bring structure among ambiguity, as well as think and act creatively and flexibly in a resource constrained, fast-moving and dynamic environment
- Team Leadership: Strong commitment and ability to develop a team and nurture talent to deliver excellent results
- Passion for Thought Leadership & Social Change: Deep passion for driving transformative social change at scale and strong belief in the power of thought leadership to advance this mission
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.