Website Madhi Foundation
About the role
The Associate, Project Management – Model Schools, will support the Senior Manager to bring the Model Schools team’s sub-verticals to function seamlessly as one team. The Associate will also be responsible for bringing the programmatic vision for Model Schools alive by constantly aligning the team’s activities in-line with the short, medium and long term project goals.
The challenges you will help solve in this role:
- A brand new project offers a whole new set of challenges which may be one too many. Some may be anticipated, most will be unanticipated. You will be responsible for taking it in your stride and looking at solving micro and macro problems on an everyday basis.
- Information asymmetry – it’s a universal problem. Add to this a complex mix of stakeholders that we work on a continuous basis, we have the (im)perfect recipe for asymmetry to be all-pervading!
- Your role will be to meticulously document every meeting – be it on the corridor or an officer’s cabin and follow through to ensure that everyone is on the same page, all the time!
- We are an outcome-driven organisation and we do not obsess over clocking in and clocking out. You will be responsible to identify ways in which we can hold ourselves accountable to a high bar of excellence with a singular focus on outcomes by setting up systems that let us keep our eye on the ball at all times.
- Solving problems at scale – The Department is mammoth machinery and working on a project can be daunting and exciting. You will be expected to continuously improve the processes and structures put in place to make the project implementation a seamless exercise.
The job description:
Below is an indicative set of responsibilities you will be required to lead as part of your role. We believe that a job description is best created collaboratively where the individual joining the team and the senior leadership team together define the role in greater detail so it reflects your aspirations and ambitions as much as it does the organisation’s needs. A detailed description will be jointly created once the selection process has been completed and you have accepted our offer of employment.
In this role some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support in setting up project management systems for the programme
- Ensure adherence to the project management protocols and support the Senior Manager to ensure that these systems are used effectively
- Support in organisational learning by sharing data periodically and setting up step-backs for the team to reflect and improve on their practices
- Prepare draft of letters and documents for the state coordinator for the project to progress smoothly
- Draft reports and presentations for various stakeholders (internal and external) for Model schools
- Support with the documentation of Madhi’s internal project management data
- Represent Madhi in state-level meetings with Samagra Shiksha, SCERT and other departments
- Support in articulating Madhi’s strategic approach for the FLN Mission by drafting presentations reports
- Collaborate with multiple external partners for the project and evaluate the scope for synergy
- You will thrive in this role if you:Possess exceptional planning skills & take pride in being organised
- Obsess over time management & planning for all tasks regardless of the enormity or urgency
- Have outstanding interpersonal & communication skills
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience; experience in project management would be an added advantage
- Strong conversational skills in Tamil, also being able to read and write Tamil would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and all Google Suite applications
This role will report to: Senior Manager, STEAM Model Schools
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Remuneration: Rs 3.5 – 4.5 Lakhs p.a
Please note: You will be expected to bring your own laptop, with updated software (MS Office 2016)
For more information, please write to: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.