Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
Reporting to: Manager, Technology (Web Development)
As a Web Developer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Design, implement, and deliver web applications, working on front-end components, web services, data structures and integration with third party applications
- Identify and implement the latest software technologies and frameworks to give the best-in-class user experience for all Teach For India web applications
- Contribute to architecture and design of different technical systems across verticals – process flow documents, requirements and architecture definition
- Ensure the reliability of web applications by writing automated tests
- Contribute to the design and implementation of enterprise application modules built on Salesforce.com
As an Associate at Teach For India
- Contribute to the team goals and priorities beyond individual goals and priorities
- Serve as an ambassador of the Teach For India brand and an advocate for our work and for educational equity in our country through both internal and external communication after commiting time in our classrooms to understand our work more deeply
- Support with key organizational areas such as Recruitment, Selection, Fundraising, Volunteering, Movement Building
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Experience of having planned and executed complex projects with multiple priorities in a college or work setting
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Experiences of having taken initiative in the past
- Experience in capturing user stories, software requirements and documenting specifications. (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, SRS and RFPs)
- Excellent technical and software development skills. Experience of entire software development life cycle preferably agile development methods (e.g Scrum)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to be resourceful, take responsibility and find effective solutions to problems
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.