Website The Nudge Institute
The/Nudge is an action institute working towards a poverty-free India, within our lifetime. We partner with governments, markets, and civil society to build resilient livelihoods for all. We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from across the industry, academia, government, and development sectors, and our work is organised across three impact streams:
- Centre for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (CSDE): enables underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives
- Centre for Rural Development (CRD): enables rural families to come out of extreme poverty
- Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): nudges top talent to solve India’s biggest challenges
In joining the Future Perfect team at the CSDE vertical of The/Nudge Institute, you are joining a team charged with ensuring quality interventions for the underprivileged youth in the country. You will be primarily working on an exciting initiative at The/Nudge that aims to build and deliver high-quality English and employability content that is engaging and relevant for youth.
We are looking for highly energetic, passionate, and high ownership early team members. The team is outcome-focused, committed to ensuring a quality education for youth, and excited about creating English learning interventions that drive positive behaviour and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: collaborative, able to handle pressure, results-driven, love to improve, and have fun while working hard continuously.
At Future Perfect, we believe in a student-at-the-center approach. Learning and career choices are fundamentally behavioral challenges. The context in which people live, learning styles, classroom environment, socio-economic background, and many other variables influence how people learn, and make decisions related to work, and migration. The role would involve spending a lot of time with the students of Future Perfect, talking to them, observing them, understanding their behaviors, designing experiments, and testing hypotheses.
At The/Nudge you will:
- be working with the product research team of The/Future Perfect to improve the key Key performance indicators (learning outcomes, retention rates, placement opt-in rates) by using qualitative research methods (Interviews, dairy studies, field immersion) to understand the “why” behind the problems (learning outcomes, retention rates, placement opt-in rates, etc..)
synthesize the information and narrate it as compelling stories using tools like user personas, and customer journey maps
- support in conducting design sprint workshops, generating hypotheses, ideas on how to solve the customer’s pain points
- designing and testing small-scale prototypes
- analyzing data at different stages of the product funnel, finding correlations and patterns in the data on customer behaviors
- reviewing secondary literature, speaking to experts, and gathering information from secondary sources
- as a behavioral researcher be on top of the customer’s pain points at different stages of the product. The behavioral researcher will be conducting interviews, field visits, and classroom observations to answer critical questions like:how are the customers feeling at different stages of the product? What do they like/dislike about the product?
- how can we improve student engagement with content?
- how can we build communities which can help students spend more time with each other?
- how can we build communities that can help people find jobs?
Apply if you:
- have a bachelor’s degree or above, in any discipline
- have abilities to think critically and deeply
- have a curiosity to understand why people do what they do
- likes having conversations with people, talking, and observing strangers. (extroverted person) on a regular basis.
- are fluent in Kannada – spoken (mandatory)
- have prior training or experience in qualitative or quantitative research (NOT mandatory)
- critical thinking and an immense curiosity to understand things are the primary skillsets we are looking for along with fluency in Kannada (spoken)
- we will accept applications from those without any background in research also.
- work from home options are also available but expected to spend some time on the field in and outside of Bangalore. In case you are not comfortable with fieldwork, we will still consider you for the role but candidates with a willingness to travel on the field will be preferred
We aspire to be an inclusive and diverse organization and encourage qualified individuals irrespective of their religion, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or any other dimension of identity, to apply.
To apply for this job please visit thenudge.freshteam.com.