Website ERM - Environmental Resources Management
ERM is seeking a Business Analyst to join our global Digital Services business as part of the ESG Fusion product development team. The ideal candidate will be a motivated team-player with ability to collaborate with ESG subject matter experts (SMEs) and software developers to define user needs and design application features to satisfy them.
ESG Fusion is an ESG Rating tool used to measure global companies’ ESG and Sustainability performance. It draws on ERM’s deep ESG and sector expertise, combined with our state-of-the-art SmartFetch web crawling and analytics engine. It is designed to enable investors to make better- informed investment decisions by measuring ESG risks and opportunities for value creation.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the cross-roads of digital product development and ESG / sustainability with the world’s leading organizations.
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 6,000 people who work on projects around the world.
For 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERMers take accountability, are client focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values, believe in sustainability and are motivated by opportunities to shape, build, and contribute to a team that makes a real impact to our client’s businesses, ERM is the right place for you. We offer a flexible working environment and competitive salary.
The Business Analyst will be accountable for the following services and tasks:
- Support the Product Owner and Product Manager with maintaining a backlog of features.
- Apply industry standard approaches for business analysis for software development and ESG Data product and an ESG Rating.
- Lead the articulation and documentation of user requirements in the form of user stories, process diagrams and mock-ups.
- Identify interdependencies between features and create a coherent, integrated set of requirements.
- Iteratively review and validate requirements with SMEs and incorporate feedback.
- Support development team with effort estimates and technical design.
- Work with test/QA team to verify the solution is working as specified. Support troubleshooting of bugs and track underlying issues to resolution.
- Create processes and procedures to improve the requirements gathering and software development process.
- Write documentation to support user training and communication with respect to system features.
- Communicate clearly and concisely. Facilitate punctual, organized and productive workshops.
- Work collaboratively with a globally distributed team, with team members located in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Build a high level of trust and confidence with ERM ESG subject matter experts and ESG Fusion team members.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements analysis in the context of software development and mastery of business analysis methodologies and ESG Data product and an ESG Rating.
- Ability to visualize and create narratives and diagrams to represent processes and concepts.
- Demonstrated workshop and meeting facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership / influencing skills and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with a cross-functional development team (user interface, scripting, database, reporting and dashboards).
- Ability to multi-task and work in a demanding, fast-paced setting.
- Advanced Business English oral and writing skills (the company’s working language is English).
- General comfort with business software (MS Office, MS Visio, Miro, Figma, Azure DevOps, or similar suite).
- Experience with agile software development and lean methodologies.
- Experience with environmental, health & safety and/or ESG projects.
- ESG Rating and Sustainable Finance regulation (EU Taxonomy, SFDR) knowledge.
- Understanding the investor/financing market and terminology.
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and other data science concepts.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
Preference for the Business Analyst role is for candidates in North America; but we welcome applicants from all regions. The product development team spans multiple continents and time-zones providing coverage of responsibilities and incorporating a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives.
ERM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit erm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.