The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP), New Delhi is looking for a motivated and hardworking candidate interested in strategic communications, developing media partnerships and disseminating policy-relevant research. The candidate should have an interest in public policy and a deep commitment to the idea of progress and sustainable growth. The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience working in the media industry and editing reports as well as news briefs.
As a Communications Associate, you will account manage key CSEP media partners, edit op-eds, and develop external media relationships to increase visibility. You will also assist in supporting the implementation of the overall CSEP Communications plan and strategy, which involves working closely with editorial publication, social media management, writing newsletters and CSEP website management. You will work closely with CSEP leadership and manage public relations. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong understanding of India’s media landscape, familiarity with digital tools and an abiding interest in evidence-based policy research.
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts in-depth, policy relevant research and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policy makers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research.
Our researchers work across domains including, but not limited to, Economic Growth and Development; Energy, Natural Resources and Sustainability; and Foreign Policy and Security. All our research and policy recommendations are freely available to the public.
CSEP is based in New Delhi and registered as a company limited by shares and not for profit, under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 1956.
- Working with senior communications leadership and scholars on media outreach and relations, including identifying opportunities to ensure CSEP research reaches key stakeholders and steering partnerships and collaborations.
- Representing CSEP to external media partnerships and securing media avenues beneficial to CSEP, including identifying and securing new media partnerships.
- Editing op-eds, writing press releases, and proofreading reports and CSEP blogs; fielding interview requests for CSEP authors, scholars and leadership.
- Media monitoring to identify key themes and issues in India and globally that are relevant to CSEP’s research focus.
- Working with Communications team members and CSEP researchers and partners, ensuring compliant and timely delivery of articles, op-eds etc.
- Event planning: Ensuring relevant and effective media outreach to publicise CSEP events, working with the communications team to coordinate with and manage external vendors for events, media outreach after each event to ensure adequate and effective publicity and distribution.
- Developing media market knowledge and contributing to the development of CSEP’s
- Dissemination plans and strategy across different conventional and digital platforms.
- Updating and adding to CSEP’s media database
- Working with the communications teams to steer social media strategy across platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube, including drafting posts, graphics, GIFs, and other innovative content
- Creating a social media kit for papers, briefs and projects
- Contributing to CSEP’s monthly newsletter
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable institution in media relations, journalism, communications or similar discipline. A post graduate degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- 2-5 years of experience in media relations, public relations, social sector, communications, think tanks, multilateral organisations, digital marketing and other related fields. Experience and familiarity with the Indian and international electronic and online media landscape.
- Strong editing and writing skills; experience of editing opinion pieces, analysis, and reports.
- Ability to build principled, productive relationships with contacts inside and outside the organisation.
- Good understanding of the content delivery landscape as well as global media landscape, both Indian and international.
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to meet tight deadlines with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Good knowledge of social media management.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Canva.
CSEP is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and a writing or work sample by 22 June 2022. Please submit your resume to email@example.com and add your cover letter as an attachment when you apply, with the subject line ‘Communications Associate – Media Relations and Outreach’. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Compensation will be in line with competitive salaries for non-profits/think-tanks.
To apply for this job please visit csep.org.