Website Wadhwani Foundation
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies.
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through various Initiatives. More details on the various programs at the end of the document.
The Role Context: The recruit will be working within the WO Content team, on ID projects.
- Well-versed with Instructional design models, and can execute/review storyboarding/scripting, assessment creation/review, and output/build reviews as part of the e-content development cycle
- Can collaborate and coordinate well across cross-functional teams
- Spectacular command over English language and grammar
- Should be able to proofread/review content with immaculate attention to detail
- Has demonstrated command over elearning authoring tools – Articulate Storyline 360, Adobe Captivate, and at least 2 other tools
- Identify recurring issues in content and resolve via collaboration with LMS Technical Team and Vendors
- Work with the LMS technical team to ensure existing content is up, and running, new content is uploaded, tested and rolled out as per requirement, data tracking and reporting is as required
- Troubleshoot learner support issues for content delivery as needed
- Manage feedback and seek constant improvement from customer/industry to material and process
- Ensure all changes/improvements made to content is tracked and incorporated at all places
- Liaison with the teams in other geographies to ensure localized content is up and running
- Coordinate with Graphic Designers for development of Graphics, Animations.
- Vendor management for content development and implementation of feedback for existing content
- Administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) including content configuration, curriculum creation and modification, reporting and technical support.
- Be the SPOC for queries and discussions wrt platform team, deployment team, and global teams as needed
Skills & Experience:
- Education level: Minimum Post-graduate or certification in eLearning besides Graduation
- Experience: Must have minimum 8 years of work experience as an Instructional Designer, having worked cross-functionally on elearning projects, with hands-on experience of various authoring tools.
- Must-have competencies and behavioural attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Adept at Teamwork
- Has strong work ethic
- Takes ownership of work
- Can work towards achieving stringent deadlines
- Can adapt to change
Various Programs at Wadhwani Foundation:
1. Wadhwani Advantage: Accelerating the growth of tens of thousands of SMEs by providing personalized, on-demand knowledge and consulting resources through an AI-enabled mobile platform to create millions of new jobs.
2. Wadhwani Entrepreneur: Inspiring, educating, and enabling Startup entrepreneurs
- Wadhwani Venture Fastrack: Maximizes success rates of early-stage startups with enhanced business traction and funding opportunities
- Wadhwani NEN: Empowers students with knowledge and skills through Courses and Startup Labs to create high-potential startups
- Wadhwani Inspire: Establishes a nationwide culture of entrepreneurship
3. Wadhwani Opportunity: Empowering millions of students with 21st century employability skills that drive family supporting wages.
4. Wadhwani AI (a partner program): A first-of-its-kind AI research institute in the world – a non-profit dedicated exclusively to applying AI for social good.
5. Wadhwani Catalyst: Invest in high quality entrepreneurs with scalable business models across emerging markets, with a focus in India. The fund will catalyse businesses across sectors, with the overall objective of accelerating economic development by creating livelihoods/ jobs.
6. Wadhwani Institute of Technology and Policy (WITP): Support government and civil society at large with the dual mission of – (1) Providing information, insights, and recommendations for the application of technology for policy making, policy implementation, and policy outcomes measurement. (2) Creating a Technology-focused Training Academy for upskilling policy makers, bureaucrats and technocrats with relevant technologies and the application of the same to their respective ministries and missions.
WF is a global not-for-profit, and works like a start-up, in a fast-moving, dynamic pace where change is the only constant and flexibility is the key to success.
Three mantras that we practice across job roles, levels, functions, programs and initiatives, are Quality, Speed, Scale, in that order.
We are an ambitious and inclusive organization, where everyone is encouraged to contribute and ideate. We are intensely and insanely focused on driving excellence in everything we do.
We want individuals with the drive for excellence, and passion to do whatever it takes to deliver world class outcomes to our beneficiaries. We set our own standards often more rigorous than what our beneficiaries demand, and we want individuals who love it this way.
We have a creative and highly energetic environment – one in which we look to each other to innovate new solutions not only for our beneficiaries but for ourselves too. Open to collaborate with a borderless mentality, often going beyond the hierarchy and siloed definitions of functional KRAs, are the individuals who will thrive in our environment.
This is a workplace where expertise is shared with colleagues around the globe. Individuals uncomfortable with change, constant innovation, and short learning cycles and those looking for stability and orderly working days may not find WF to be the right place for them.
Finally, we want individuals who want to do greater good for the society leveraging their area of expertise, skills and experience.
The foundation is an equal opportunity firm with no bias towards gender, race, colour, ethnicity, cou
To apply for this job please visit careers.wfglobal.org.