Website Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisation (FIAPO)
Role: Animals cant speak for themselves. FIAPO is looking for someone who can speak for them, an outgoing, strong communicator who can be an effective advocate for animals.
FIAPO is looking for a capable writer who is able to weave ideas into magnetic write-ups. The writer will work with a communications team that includes a Communication Manager; Digital Manager and a PR Manager, who will report to the director. The communications team serves the good work done by the on-ground campaigning team by crafting written & verbal communications to all our stakeholders (internal & external audiences)
- Write stories and content for FIAPOs newsletters, blogs, mailers, promotional materials, reports, and drafts for press releases
- Work with the graphic designer to bring stories to life visually
- Write posts for FIAOPs Facebook and Twitter sites
- Update and post content on FIAPOs blogs and websites
- Condense longer stories into short-form pieces that can be used in verbal communications
- Collect data and do research to inform stories related to animal work
- Provide support & assistance to the PR Manager by preparing the story subjects
- (Campaign managers/Coordinators) for related media interviews
- Collaborate with the communications manager to brainstorm story ideas and develop an editorial calendar
- Develop the promotional language for events, educational/workshop sessions, and volunteer opportunities for the different campaigns of FIAPO
- Pitch in on additional copywriting, editing, and logistical tasks as needed
- proofreading and editing may be needed for training materials, survey reports, project evaluations, proceedings of major meetings/workshops, professional presentations, technical papers, brochures, newsletters, websites, and translated material
- Assist the Fund Manager in submitting articulate, succinct proposals based on the guidelines required by the donor
- An engaging writer with at least 2 to 4 years of professional writing experience
- Fluency in Hindi and English is required
- A knack to induce people to get comfortable in artificial settings such as interviews and grasp in on key details in a situation
- Exposed to writing narrative non-fiction as well as reporting on news or events
- Solid predispositions when it comes to spotting, identifying and framing a good story
- Comfort with web platforms and e-communications tools (e.g. WordPress, or similar)
- A team player as well as working independently
- Self-belief in FIAPOs mission and work
Working Style Traits:
- Reliable and self-driven follow-up
- An acute sense of interest in people, and the ecological environment by keeping abreast with the world happenings & news
- Open minded and honest communicator with intro and inter stakeholders esp. when something in relation to communication is not working
- Open to constructive feedback and has a self-driven personality to develop & expand
- Most of all, a positive spirit with a go-to attitude.
Employer: Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO) is India’s apex animal protection organization. As the collective voice of the animal protection movement in India, FIAPO is the catalyst which protects the interests of animals on local and national levels – through education, research, lobbying, mobilization, training and direct action. Created for the movement, by the movement, FIAPO is Indias only national federation with 60 members and over 200 supporter organizations nationally.
Application Procedure: Please familiarize yourself FIAPO by reading through the web pages of www.fiapo.org before you apply. Based on the job description and the website, within 300 words, please provide a cover letter with the following details
- What role have you been in previously (voluntary or otherwise) that is closest to the advertised vacancy and for how long?
- A challenging situation you have faced
- Your current or last CTC (you will be required to give pay slips)
To apply for this job please visit timesjobs.com.