Website Swades Foundation
Swades Foundation is not for profit organization founded by Ronnie and Zarina Screwvala, It operates with the single-minded focus of empowering rural India. Our vision is rural empowerment through best practices, modern technology and values. More information can be found at www.swadesfoundation.org
Reporting to: Trainee Assistant Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Manager-360 Degree
A) Roles & Responsibility:
- Implement the strategies and process laid down by the department head as per the set standards, timelines, and budgets
- Timely and Efficient implementation of each of the programs.
- Regular overall monitoring of the program to ensure achievement of envisaged objectives
- Support Manager in assessing the challenges/opportunities that could arise during the implementation of the Program
- Fill, collect, and collate all the necessary documents and templates including Meeting minutes, Way forward/action points Feedback forms
2. Help the team to successfully accomplish the Mission and Vision of the Foundation
- Create Awareness about Swades through group meetings.
- Build connections and generate interest among villagers/community to align with Swades Mission.
- Create Gram Vikas Samiti and make Village Development Plan with the community with 2 to 3 years roadmap to achieve Swades Goals and Swades Dream Village.
3. Knowing the community and the existing eco-system -:
- Conduct survey / HH profiling of high priority HH for water for irrigation, Employment, and Dairy, health Education i.e. the overall development of the community to achieve our mission.
- Village profiling at least once in six months
4. Enhancing the income levels of HH and the Villages through sustainable activities
- Water for Irrigation, Skilling and Employment, Dairy, Enterprise Development, Orchards Development (New saplings and grafting), Animal Husbandry (Goat Rearing, Poultry for egg and meat or Any other innovative activity or activities introduced from time to time.
5. Identify the Health intervention required and implement the program like identifying cataract patients and sending for operations, anemia program, or any other program identified from time to time.
6. Identify the Schools requiring various interventions, Visit Schools and Aanganwadi’s, and Coordinate with partners executing school and Aanganwadi projects. Carry out Assessments of various programs being executed.
7. Identifying the drinking water and sanitation needs of the village and implementing schemes with the help of Gram Vikas Samiti.
8. Creating sustainable community institutions through VDC
- Engage and Manage Village level secondary stakeholders resulting in collaboration and partnership-To develop and strengthen village level institutions (formal and informal groups) such as Women Saving Groups, Self Help Group, Farmers Groups, Youth groups, etc. Focus on the capacity building so that certain activities of Swades are taken up by the groups, implemented, and followed through by the groups.
- Attending Gram Sabha
9. Coordination with Swades technical team / Partners/vendors / Govt officials at the community level for implementation of decided & agreed activities
10. Government linkages and convergence through Government officials – Sarpanch, Gram Sevak, Talathi, Krishi Sevak, Medical Officer, MPW, ANM, ASHA, Aganwadi Worker, Principal & Teacher,
11. Knowledge Management and Learnings
- To share key insights, successes, and failures with colleagues and communities.
- Conduct inter-GP exposure visit.
- Write at least 2 case studies (Stories of change, success, failures, etc.).
- Will be responsible for collating all the information for all the Programs/Interventions with the help of the mentors.
- Collect the info regarding the progress of individual programs against the set goals/objectives
- Maintain accurate and complete records of the programs/ Interventions.
- Data Collection.
B) Additional Skills
- Communication & Public Speaking
- Basic Computer skills.
- Public Engagement
- Community Mobilization
- Strong knowledge of rural communities and their dynamics.
- Qualification- Any Graduate or Post Graduate
- Experience- Must have an overall experience of more than 1 year of working in the Social Sector.
D) Location – Raigad or anywhere in Rural Maharashtra
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org