Website Museum of Art and Photography
Role type: Full-time
Application deadline: September 15, 2022
Role commencement: Immediate
About the Museum of Art & Photography
The Museum of Art & Photography (MAP) is a bold, dynamic and ambitious project committed to building and sustaining a new museum of international standards in South India. Its mission is to exhibit, interpret and preserve a growing collection of art and cultural artefacts, motivated by a belief that museums can play a positive role in society.
MAP is the custodian to a growing collection of over 60,000 artworks, predominantly from the Indian subcontinent and dating from the 12th century to the present. Its 43,000 sq. ft. flagship site will include five galleries, an auditorium, an art and research library, education centre, a multimedia center and a specialised research and conservation facility. From this center, MAP will produce exhibitions, encourage and foster new academic research and improve access and understanding for the visual arts in India, with a key focus on inclusively building new audiences.
The Digital Asset Manager will be responsible for managing the museum’s digital assets, photographing the MAP’s collection, post-processing them according to MAP’s imaging standards and ensuring quick turn-around times on the images.
● Identify, evaluate, and provide quality control procedures for all digital reproductions in order to ensure accuracy and fidelity to the original object as well as essential digital file metadata.
● Provide support and manage all creative digital assets at MAP
● Facilitate setting up of image management system along with MAP’s IT team
● Provide oversight responsibility for the DAM and coordinate with other colleagues throughout the institution for consistent application of metadata standards.
● Maintain best practices of digital imaging
● Ensure output meets Museum style, tone, site and brand standards
● Work along with the Photo Studio Manager in photo-documenting the Museum collection
● Post-processing of images of artworks and provide images for various databases and stakeholders within MAP and externally
● Work alongside the Museum’s Collection’s team in objects documentation
● Work with printers to deliver print media goals
● Any other duty assigned by the Line Manager
Candidates should be:
• At least 3-5 years of experience in digital production/management or photography Previous experience in managing digital assets will be beneficial, but not essential
• Meticulous, organised, and detail-oriented
• Creative and Passionate about photography.
• Have a natural eye for image composition.
• Have excellent technical knowledge of both photography equipment, lighting and post-processing.
• Have a good command of Photoshop, Lightroom and Capture one pro.
• Is proactive, self-driven and adhere to deadlines.
• Understand the vision and mission of MAP and is able to translate that into images and databases that reflect the brand.
Equality & Diversity
MAP is an equal opportunities employer. It opposes all forms of discrimination and believes that all people, regardless of their identity or membership of any group deserve to be treated equally, consistently and fairly. MAP welcomes creativity, excellence and different perspectives that individuals of all backgrounds and abilities bring to our work.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.