Website Lend a Hand India
Lend-a-Hand India (LAHI) is a 12 year old NGO with the mission to integrate vocational education with mainstream education for students from 9th to 12th grade level and equip them with an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive in the real world ahead. We facilitate “school to work” transition for these 14-18 year old in-school students by imparting vocational education and internship opportunities as a part of the secondary school curriculum.
We aim to universalize vocational education and restore “dignity of labor” as lack of dignity of labor is one of the major impediments in India which restricts the youth from achieving their full potential. Currently, more than 1 million+ young students from 10,000+ high schools in 24 states/UTs across India are part of the program.
Majority of our work is in partnership with the state governments by helping the state governments to scale up vocational education in the state under ‘Samagra Shiksha’ scheme of Ministry of Education.
Recently, Lend A Hand India was awarded The organization was recently awarded a system change grant by Co-Impact, a donor collaborative consisting of Rockefeller, Gates, Chandler, Nilekanis and others.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to hire a fresher IT Intern / Associate to manage our organization’s computer systems. As an IT Intern / Associate you will be responsible for designing hardware configurations, installing software, and managing network systems.
- Meeting with the IT manager to discuss system needs.
- Designing and installing computer hardware configurations.
- Installing software and networking systems.
- Troubleshooting OS, network and software issues.
- Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Responding to general IT requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a certification course in hardware & networking or a similar field.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware systems.
- Familiarity with general OS Systems and Office Software.
- Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of database and networking security systems.
This is an Internship for duration – 6 months.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lendahandindia.org.