Website Lend a Hand India
Lend-a-Hand India (LAHI) is a 12 year old NGO with the mission to integrate vocational education with mainstream education for students from 9th to 12th grade level and equip them with an entrepreneurial mindset to thrive in the real world ahead. We facilitate “school to work” transition for these 14-18 year old in-school students by imparting vocational education and internship opportunities as a part of the secondary school curriculum.
We aim to universalize vocational education and restore “dignity of labor” as lack of dignity of labor is one of the major impediments in India which restricts the youth from achieving their full potential. Currently, more than 1 million+ young students from 10,000+ high schools in 24 states/UTs across India are part of the program.
Majority of our work is in partnership with the state governments by helping the state governments to scale up vocational education in the state under ‘Samagra Shiksha’ scheme of Ministry of Education.
Recently, Lend A Hand India was awarded The organization was recently awarded a system change grant by Co-Impact, a donor collaborative consisting of Rockefeller, Gates, Chandler, Nilekanis and others.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to hire a fresher as an Intern – Data Entry for the Technology Department. As a data entry operator, you will be responsible for the bulk upload, input & maintenance of data for our in-house applications. You will respond to and maintain track of the queries and questions as raised by users who answer our surveys.
Data Entry Operator Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with Vocational Trainers for bulk upload of data.
- Uploading or inputting data in applications.
- Verifying the accuracy of data uploaded or input.
- Working with the technology team to address data issues, if any.
- Monitory the queries and issues raised in chat by survey respondents and raised with the appropriate tech team member.
- Communicating with the survey respondents and responding to their queries once resolved.
- A graduate of any stream, a student undergoing vocational training in IT and related fields
- Quick typing skills
- Familiar with computers and office software especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of at least two languages (English compulsory, Marathi, or Hindi). Ability to communicate in writing in at least two languages
- Attention to detail & accuracy & an analytical mind
This is an Internship for duration – 6 months.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lendahandindia.org.