Website Wadhwani Foundation
Position Name : Director – LiftOff
Role type : Individual Contributor
Work location : Remote/ Anywhere in india
About Wadhwani Foundation (www.wfglobal.org):
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation
Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through various Initiatives. More details on the various programs at the end of the document.
The Role Context: The Director-Liftoff will be responsible for deployment of Liftoff Program and work closely with early stage start-ups to get them investor/funding ready. Assist pre-revenue stage and early traction stage startups with MVP to survive & thrive through incubator connects, grants and commercial funding.
· Work with startups sourced and selected from Incubators, Accelerators, State startup missions, angel funds, early stage VCs, startup ecosystem players to deploy the Liftoff Program
· Ensure WE helpdesk support with 2 contact sessions per week per startup per cohort.
· Ensure 360 degree platform support – Case studies, conceptual sessions, masterclasses, solution kits, mentor support, pitching bootcamp and investor demo days.
· Ensure program outcome by getting startups evaluated and ready for selection by investor/commercial funding of $50K and above.
· Work with program managers, consultant and experts for effective deployment and completion of the program.
· Focus on transformational changes that will enable startups to survive & thrive for next 6-9 months
· Provide mentors with sectoral and functional expertise relevant to the startup
· Monitor and track engagement on WE platform
Key Performance Indicators:
· 25% or more traction in revenue or number of customers after the commencement of the program
· Achieving selection for 50 K USD funding by commercial funding agencies after the commencement of the program
Skills & Experience:
· A seasoned professional with at-least 10 years’ experience with 5 years in the start-up ecosystem in a similar role with an accelerator / Institutional investor role.
· MBA/post graduate degree from a reputed institute.
· Deep experience with CRM software/Microsoft Excel, LinkedIn Campaigns.
· Entrepreneurial mindset – you should be able to think outside the box and hustle/be on your feet to creatively solve problems
· Sales and Business development experience preferred
· Self-motivated, resourceful and ability to operate in a fast changing environment
· A go-getter attitude, full of initiative, persistence and professionalism
· Excellent communication – both written and verbal
· Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
· Ability to meet deadlines
To apply for this job please visit careers.wfglobal.org.