Role and Responsibilities:
The Director – Programs will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Swechha’s programs and ensure programmatic excellence, undertake rigorous program evaluation and take decisions regarding internal operations of the organization. The position offers an ideal opportunity to help lead the organization through its next stage of development.
As Director, you will directly lead the executive team to achieve affirmative, impactful outcomes. The Director- Programs will be responsible for organization’s commitment towards impactful on-ground changes, creation of opportunities for collaborative impact generation by way of partnerships and networks. You will ensure that the organization is financially strong, and you will support fundraising activities through establishment diverse and reliable income streams.
The Director must have extensive experience of working with communities and young people on concerns of sustainable environment planning and development in urban settings, environment education, climate change, active citizenship, and democratic change. The role requires the Director to have proven ability in strategy building, monitoring and evaluation, institutional partnerships, fundraising, institutional governance, financial management, programme management, and fostering a healthy work environment for the team and key stakeholders.
We are looking for someone in the age range of 35 – 50 years to take on the role of Director – Programs. You will be leading a team of committed and passionate young people who are keen to transform their passion into affirmative collaborative change.
As Director of Swechha – We for Change Foundation, you will,
- Inspire and motivate the organization team, especially the CEO, to define and pursue its mission and vision through strategic direction and operational leadership.
- Own and support all programs (existing and new) and interventions of the organization.
- Research and develop, shape and nurture new programs/ interventions/ campaigns/ activities that further the vision and mission of the organization.
- Manage the organization and the team competently, reporting to the CEO/ Board and ensure good governance.
- Identify opportunities and potential tie-ups with CSR funds, that will generate revenue for the organization.
- Work with the team to develop new funding proposals and concept notes.
- Manage donor communication and relationship.
- Monitor and evaluate program progress and outcomes regularly and ensure efficient and effective delivery across all programs of Swechha.
- Provide leadership support to strengthen field and outreach activities of Swechha
- Ensure that the financial management practice in the organization is strong, support Grant acquisition and management of financial and technical portfolio of Swechha programs.
- Identify, build strong, effective and strategic working relationships/ partnerships with collaborating organisations, institutional donors, related government departments, corporations, academia and other key stakeholders
- Assess HR and Capacity Building needs of the team for enhanced performance
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing of knowledge exchange/ campaign events, seminars and conferences that further Swechha’s objectives.
As Director – Programs of Swechha, you are someone who:
- Is in the age range of 35 – 50 years
- Is a graduate
- Has minimum experience of 5 years in leading and managing teams of about 15-20 people.
- Is a confident networker, a good communicator and an efficient manager
- Is an excellent team builder and facilitator
- Can empower and inspire others by setting a strong vision and organisation culture
- Is aligned with values, mission and vision of Swechha
- Has a passion to empower young people both locally and globally for a sustainable tomorrow
- Is a confident strategic thinker, driven to achieve outcomes
- Has proven experience in creating and sustaining revenue streams, fundraising and business model innovation
- Sets clear, realistic and ambitious goals, building and creating culture of collaborative practice and shared visions.
- Minimum three years’ commitment.
- This position will be based in New Delhi with national and international travel to represent Swechha in various forums.
- The position demands a full-time exclusive engagement with Swechha.
Offers shall be commensurate with your qualifications, experience and salary history.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.