Role and Responsibilities:
The Manager – Sustainability and Education will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Swechha’s programs on sustainability, especially our work with schools, along with our flagship project ‘Farm School’.
Our Schools initiative works with over 100 Schools each year, engaging through workshops, curriculum module execution, exposure trips and action projects. We work with private as well as government schools of Delhi-NCR.
Our ‘Farm School’ is Swechha’s own 6 acre campus near Manesar, where we are developing a ‘sustainability and living lab’, incorporating issues of sustainable agriculture, sustainability practices, and sustainable lifestyle and education. It is designed as a Learning Centre – a hub for ecological design innovation and incubation, sustainable agriculture, environmental practices, life skills, and personality enhancement programs, and a co-working and co-living short-stay space. Salient features of our ‘Farm School’ are Native Nursery, Mud Houses, Composting and Vermi-Culture, Bee-Keeping, Food Forest, Herb Gardens, Water Harvesting, Organic Farmin etc.
As Manager – Sustainability and Education, you will directly lead the executive team to achieve affirmative, impactful outcomes. The tasks include ensure Schools are onboarded to the program, meetings with the School authorities, building capacity of the facilitators and also directly involved in execution of sessions in Schools. Tasks also include researching on best practices in Sustainability Education, especially practice based learning. You will also be expected to take a lead on developing the Farm School curriculum, including weaving onground practices of sustainability to the curriculum and session design.
The Manager – Sustainability and Education must have experience of working with Schools and also adequate understanding of environmental issues.
We are looking for someone in the age range of 25 – 40 years to take on the role of Manager – Sustainability and Education. You will be leading a team of committed and passionate young people who are keen to transform their passion into affirmative collaborative change.
As Manager – Sustainability and Education, you will,
- Inspire and motivate the organization team to pursue its mission and vision through strategic direction and operational leadership.
- Own and support programs with Schools.
- Own and support our flagship project ‘Farm School’.
- Develop, shape and nurture new programs/ interventions/ campaigns/ activities that further the vision and mission of the organization, vis-à-vis Schools
- Research and curriculum development
- Worskhops in schools on sustainability.
- Farm School design and development
- Manage the team competently, reporting to the CEO/ Director-Programs and ensure good governance.
- Monitor and evaluate program progress and outcomes regularly and ensure efficient and effective delivery across all School programs.
- Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing of knowledge exchange/ campaign events, seminars and conferences that further Swechha’s objectives.
- Minimum two years’ commitment.
- This position will be based in New Delhi with national and international travel to represent Swechha in various forums.
- The position demands a full-time exclusive engagement with Swechha.
Offers shall be commensurate with your qualifications, experience and salary history.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.