Website Care India
Executive – Direct Fundraising
Direct Fundraising Unit
City Head – Fundraising
CARE is a not-for-profit organisation working in India for over 70 years, focusing on alleviating poverty and social injustice. We do this through well-planned and comprehensive projects in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response. Our overall goal is the empowerment of women and girls from poor and marginalised communities leading to improvement in their lives and livelihoods.
During FY 2020-21, CARE India directly reached out to 52.7 million people through 53 programmes across 18 states, covering more than 130+ districts. We are part of the CARE International Confederation, working in 100 countries for a world where people live with dignity and security.
CARE India seeks a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
Our goal is to ensure that women and girls from the most marginalized communities are empowered, live in dignity and their households have secure and resilient lives. CARE India aims to accomplish this goal by working with 50 million people to help them have quality health, education, livelihoods and overcome the effects of disasters.
Generate donations from new to CARE and existing donors. From selected target segments ensuring regular and high-ticket donations. Target and convert selected corporates with customized giving programmes and create a base of corporate regular donors.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle outbound phone calls daily while maintaining a positive attitude
- Work with and on existing donors to increase their support to existing programmes or expand support to new programmes through up-sell and cross-sell pitches
- Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and work
- Thank you, donors for the contribution.
- Share the donation received acknowledgment through mails or call.
- Reach out to donors who have tried to donate digitally (incomplete) and assist them, resolve the issue, and convince the donor to try again to make the contribution
- Create potential donor list and work on conversions to achieve monthly unit target
- Spot new fundraising opportunities, acquire and target HNI profile to bring on board new donors
- Corporate fundraising entailing employee giving, matched giving from employers and direct donation from small to medium corporates
- Upgrade digital donors and increase their average donation size
- Listen to the donor for any feedback and suggestions to improve our services
- Provide feedback regarding needs and expectations of the donors
- Build good relationships with donors with mutual respect
- Achieve monthly target assigned
- Keep information confidential and shouldn’t share details about data with others
(The above list is not exhaustive, and the management reserves the right to review it as and when the role evolves based on the need of the business and individual’s skills and capabilities)
Direct line reporting to fundraising City head
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Confidence with public speaking
- Telemarketing/ banking/FMCG sales experience & fundraising experience
- Graduate /Undergraduate/Higher Secondary
- A minimum of three years’ fundraising, sales, or marketing experience
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Communication skills: Able to articulate and communicate well to all stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) in a manner that meets the requirement
- Language skills: Good command over English, Hindi & one regional language (Verbally).
- Research skills: Identify potential prospects from untapped locations, corporates & individuals.
- Team Management & Collaboration / People skills: Result focused and driven to meet ambitious monthly, quarterly and yearly targets
- Strategic Thinking and Analysis: identify potential location for fundraising, filter prospect base and filter potential leads, set up meetings
- Change Management: Good time-management and ability to work to tight deadlines. Willingness to work odd hours (if necessary).
- Operational excellence (Project / Program / Process management): Team player
To apply for this job please visit careindiacareers.peoplestrong.com.