Website Care India
Program Implementation Unit (PIU)
Program Support Manager
Willingness to travel for 20-30% of time in project locations for official purposes
CARE is a not-for-profit organization working in India for over 70 years, focusing on alleviating poverty and social injustice. We do this through well-planned and comprehensive projects in health, education, livelihoods and disaster preparedness and response. Our overall goal is the empowerment of women and girls from poor and marginalized communities leading to improvement in their lives and livelihoods.
During FY 2020-21, CARE India directly reached out to 52.7 million people through 53 programmes across 18 states, covering more than 130+ districts. We are part of the CARE International Confederation, working in 100 countries for a world where people live with dignity and security.
CARE India seeks a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
Our goal is to ensure that women and girls from the most marginalized communities are empowered, live in dignity and their households have secure and resilient lives. CARE India aims to accomplish this goal by working with 50 million people to help them have quality health, education, livelihoods and overcome the effects of disasters.
Our employees are committed to CARE’s values, Code of Conduct, and safeguarding commitments towards a safe workplace for all, including the principle of ‘do no harm’. They are also responsible to uphold and strengthen our safeguarding commitments in their role. To know more about our safeguarding policies please visit our website link given below.
All projects in the Program Implementation Unit, mainly focusing on Livelihoods, Education and Humanitarian Assistance.
The Procurement Officer will support the Program Support Manager, with every aspect of Procurement in the Unit. S/he holds specific responsibility to ensure procurements for all projects in the hub. S/he is also responsible to maintain all monitoring tools part of procurement policy and generate needs-based MIS desired time to time by other team members. S/he is also responsible to coordinate with other team members of the PIU and ensure planner-based procurement to avoid duplication and improve efficiencies in maintaining right item, right price, right place and right time
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in development and management of Procurement Plan of by all the projects/units of the PIU.
- Ensure proper maintenance of procurement tracker for best management of information and timely procurement. Ensure use of tracker by all customers for timely feedback.
- Coordinate with unit members for roll forward action on the procurement planner and ensure that items are procured within the budget timeline
Undertake Procurement Processes:
- Procurement of goods and services (Consultancies, Vehicles & Training Venue, Large Team Travel, Transportation of goods & equipment) for the projects /units of the PIU which will involve sending of Request for Quotations (RFQ’s), Opening Bids in consultation with the Procurement Committee, making SBAs, with detailed analysis of Quotations, justifying selection of the preferred / recommended vendor by the Committee and follow ups with Vendors for supply of items as per quality, time and price.
- Facilitate the role of the Purchase Committee and meet various Vendors and undertake negotiations and finalize / execute various procurement deals.
- Processing of Purchase Request (PR) and ensuring compliance with proper documentation, Filing and other related work.
- Prepare Purchase Order or Contract of Purchase for the successful bidders and ensure that all terms and conditions are incorporated.
- Follow up with vendors for timely delivery of the ordered items and receive material and certify that they are as per specification.
- Efforts to include more procurements under LTRC/required vendor agreement for smart procurement
Coordination for payment to vendors / consultants:
- Undertake variance analysis and generate MIS for assigned projects to streamline the payment processes of PSU.
- Implement policy and procedures and ensure that services are delivered within time frame
Regular interaction with key staff in the unit for better understanding of processes
- Follow up with finance for timely release of payment to vendors / consultants
- Generate various quarterly MIS and present to Head, PS for needful intervention
- Regular meeting with vendor/s to apprise them of the organization need and make them ready for timely delivery of items.
- Undertake vendor’s registration (where required visit field for undertaking Registration process)
- Assist in developing, maintaining and managing Vendor Database of PIU and ensuring their periodic updating.
- Explore market for potential vendor/s either visiting the market or using secondary information’s like yellow pages / feedback from similar organizations
- Organize six monthly vendor interfacing (most preferred) to acquaint them with CARE India vision and mission and clarify their role in terms of addressing our goal / objectives.
- Assist the vendor database administrator to ensure minimum vendors in category / sub-category of items for timely procurement of goods and services.
Other Support Functions
- Manage physical assets and do the reconciliation on a quarterly basis with the support of the Project staff and finance unit of PIU.
- Ensure compliance to CARE, Donor and statutory requirements
- Support in Office maintenance (Pantry, Security, Upkeep and AMCs)
- Support in Handling Vehicle Maintenance
- Be responsible for audit compliance
- Manage the logistics of important visitors to the state/ program as required by operations.
- Ensure all functional safety measure in office against fire, theft etc. are in place to ensure safety of CARE premises, CARE property and staff.
- Orient staff on relevant functions as & when required
Coordination at the time of Emergencies:
As a point person for support functions coordinate assigned activities related to initial emergency response in the PIU. The overall response itself will be overseen by the Program Support Manager, ERT coordinator and the Regional Program Director. The illustrative tasks will include:
- Visiting the site of the emergency and Liaison with local authorities.
- Communication with the Headquarters for guidance on appropriate response
- Providing all required information to the Emergency Response Unit for representation to
- Donors/CARE Headquarters for release of immediate and long-term resources for dealing with the emergency.
- Completing the required documentation, like official request from the government authorities for CARE assistance.
- Ensure pre-positioning of stocks at the strategic locations and facilitate immediate movement of stocks to the sites for distribution.
- Coordinate with ERT members to maintain equipment/tools to undertake emergency response process in time.
- Undertake procurement of goods and services as per CARE, Donor and statutory requirements
- Undertake any other assignment/responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Program Support Units, Project teams, and Headquarters Procurement unit
- Personnel in the ASL
- Hub Procurement Committee (Program team members)
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate / Postgraduate in any stream preferably Commerce/Financial Management
- 3 years of experience of procurement, vendor management, and office administration
- Previous experience of working on ERP systems
- Previous experience of working with CARE India
- Willing to travel to operational areas and Headquarters office for undertaking procurement processes as and when required
- Willing to undertake procurement of goods & services for emergency response as & when required.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skill written and verbal in English and Hindi language.
- Proficiency in computers (knowledge of MS Office, Excel and Power Point, etc.)
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Human Resource Management skills
- Ability to work in team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
To apply for this job please visit careindiacareers.peoplestrong.com.