Website Bright Future India
Position – FIELD PROJECT OFFICER
Salary: Negotiable, will match the expectations based on the experience & qualification. (Fixed pay upto maximum of Rs. 4,20,000) and variable pay up to 20% of the fixed pay i.e up to Rs. 84,000/-) .
Location: Joshimath Block, Chamoli District, Uttarakhand, India. The Field Project Officer will be stationed at HESCO local office. The job will include frequent travel to remote villages in Chamoli District, Uttarakhand.
SBI Foundation was launched in 2015 by the State Bank of India to carry out its CSR activities as well as those of its subsidiaries. As the CSR arm of the premier bank of India, SBI Foundation aims to be the leading institution promoting growth and equality responsive to the communities it serves, particularly the vulnerable and marginalised sections of the society. Our CSR activities are widespread and deep-rooted and have made a true difference in the lives of over a million beneficiaries. We are committed to contribute positively to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by bringing about positive changes in the lives of the underprivileged sections of society.
SBI Foundation has partnered with Himalayan Environmental Studies and Conservation Organisation (HESCO) for a project to develop a climate resilient livelihood model for 4600 beneficiaries from 10 flood affected villages of Chamoli District, Uttarakhand. The project commenced in June 2022 and will continue for three years through May 2025.
In this context, SBI Foundation is recruiting an adaptable and dynamic individual for the role of Field Project Officer to monitor the implementation of the project in Joshimath Block, Chamoli District Uttarakhand
Salary: Negotiable, will match the expectations based on the experience & qualification. (Fixed pay upto maximum of Rs. 4,20,000) and variable pay up to 20% of the fixed pay i.e up to Rs. 84,000/-)
Work-type: Contractual (on payroll of HR outsourcing agency)
· Graduate Degree with minimum 1 years’ experience in the development sector/ rural development. Preference will be given to local candidates who have experience of grassroots level work in rural development
The person in this position will be responsible for:
Ensuring effective implementation & monitoring of the ongoing livelihood project in 10 villages of Chamoli District, Uttarakhand. The Field Project Officer will be working in close coordination with SBI Foundation and the partner NGO HESCO to ensure that the project is being successfully implemented and all objectives are being met
Key Responsibility Areas will include:
1. Programme Management and Delivery
· Participate with NGO partner closely in program delivery
· Ensure that programs meet objectives and periodic milestones, timelines are adhered to and beneficiary experience is of high quality
· Establish a clear understanding of program expectations including on timelines, quality check measures, etc.
· Monitor the implementation of the project by the NGO partner as per the project deliverables.
· Ensure that Strategic & Budgetary guidelines are meticulously followed by the NGO
· Review and provide guidance and support to the NGO partner in preparation of project progress reports, Grant utilisation certificate
· Capture relevant data through regular field visits and present findings in a timely manner to SBI Foundation.
· Summarise briefs, reports and official documents as required by the Foundation
· As a representative of SBI Foundation, liaise with SBI local head office whenever required, attend key stakeholder meetings with the NGO partner.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
· Monitor project regularly by conducting field visits on a weekly basis to ensure timely achievement/delivery of targets/results.
· Evaluate the data/reports submitted by the NGOs to track the progress of the project.
· Estimate the probability of success/failure and take necessary steps to meet the desired outputs
· Support NGO in regular updating and validation of project data in the monitoring dashboards/website.
· Conduct meetings on a weekly basis with the project implementation team to review progress and conduct planning for implementation
3. Promotion and Branding
· Support the NGO partner in developing promotional material like pictures/posters/quotes etc. from the project and share with the Communication Team of SBI Foundation to ensure programs get the required publicity.
· Write/provide case stories from the programs for use on social media and websites
Essential Skills and Qualities
· Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
· Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
· Computer literate in standard software applications
· Innovative mind-set
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Go-getter and self-starter with sound judgment and problem-solving skills
· Ability and willingness to work in remote locations with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm.
· Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required; allocate the appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning; monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
· Creative problem solver with a rigorous approach and an aptitude for quantitative analysis
· Demonstrate initiative to solve unstructured problems with little oversight, high energy, and a positive attitude
Although, the individual will work remotely, it is essential that the chosen candidate can work in an independent manner to complete the given assignments in a time bound manner.
Position Availability: Immediately
Deadline for applications: 5th September 2022
Applications of only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.