Website TWEET Foundation
About TWEET Foundation
Transgender Welfare Equity and Empowerment Trust (TWEET) aka Tweet Foundation is a community-based organization in India based out of New Delhi and Mumbai was established by seven trans activists in 2015 to serve the young trans movement, especially the transmen community that faces extreme gender-based violence and has been highly invisibilized. TWEET is a completely trans-led organization and as a pioneer in India, represents an equal partnership among transmen & transwomen. The organization came into existence to support work specifically on issues that had not been addressed in other larger HIV or advocacy programs in the past in India. Resources for young trans people have been scarce and the real issues of the community from a social, psychological, and economical standpoint have remained unaddressed. Tweet works to provide critical support to young transmasculine and transfeminine persons such as crisis support, short shelter stay, health and legal resources, and connecting with skill-building and inclusive employment opportunities. On the other hand, Tweet works closely with the stakeholders for mainstreaming advocacy. Tweet works with the government to bring in policy-level changes and works with civil societies and corporates to build strategic partnerships to support the trans movement and trans welfare. Tweet Foundation is a registered society under Mumbai Charity Commissioner (registered in May 2017).
Our mission is to build an empowered, self-sufficient, and vibrant Trans movement in India by wholly caring for the welfare of transgender people; their education, medical treatment, legal standing, and culture and social wellbeing.
Overview of the Role and Requirements :
The Finance Manager is responsible for effectively coordinating all the activities/events and various programs for the transgender community. They will be accountable for overall finance management for Tweet Foundation. The role requires the person to do the following tasks :
● Ensuring that all transactions are properly accounted for and the financial systems are maintained, under all procedures and controls.
● Lead and manage monthly and annual accounts finalization, audits (Internal, Statutory, and Governmental) and follow up,
● Lead Financial Planning Budgetary control; And produce regular MIS reports
● Identify implement appropriate occasions of determining tax treatments to ensure compliance and regular filing of returns under non-profit laws and inspections by Government.
● Review various contracts from taxation and financial standpoints.
● Assisting and guiding the board by providing relevant financial information during budgeting, accounts to donors and other decision-making activities
● Liaison with external tax consultants, auditors and other agencies in compliance to audits, obtaining opinions for setting up systems and processes in accordance with non-profit compliances
● Mentor and manage finance team members, accounting and admin staff
Work timings – 8 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Trans* identified persons will be preferred for the role. The ideal Finance Manager is someone with:
● Passion to work for trans* empowerment
● Excellent communication, general management skills.
● Ability to coordinate with board members and external stakeholders
● Understanding Tally Software or any other Finance Management System preferred
● Working on Google sheets to create functional data tracking mechanisms
● Knowledge of basic computer skills – emails, excel, word, etc.
Educational/ Skills Requirement -Any Graduate/Post Graduate
Experience – More than 2 years of experience in non-profit or related sector
Location – Delhi/Mumbai/Remote.
Salary will be as per the experience and skills of the candidate
Please send your CVs to email@example.com along with a 300-word note on ‘why you fit the job’
Be a part of a growing organization and a vibrant trans empowerment movement. Work directly with board members with years of experience in the non-profit and corporate sector.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org