Website Praja Foundation
CEO, Praja Foundation
About Praja Foundation
Founded in 1998, Praja is a non-partisan organization enabling accountability in governance. Praja empowers citizens to participate in governance by providing knowledge and perspective so that they can become politically active and involved beyond the ballot box. It undertakes extensive research and highlights civic issues to build the awareness of and mobilize action by the government and elected representatives.
Praja believes that uninformed and disengaged elected representatives and administration, rather than existing systems or policies, are responsible for the lack of good governance. Additionally, there is a paucity of tools to facilitate effective interaction between citizens and the local government.
Praja conducts data driven research and provides information on civic issues to citizens, media, and government administration and works with elected representatives to identify and address inefficiencies in their work processes, bridge the information gaps, and aid them in taking corrective measures.
The role of the Fundraising Manager will be to aid the CEO and the Trustees/Board of the organisation in identifying donor resources, raising funds, and writing proposals for long-term organisational sustainability.
- Support the end-to-end fundraising process by identifying and mapping potential funding sources – Corporate (CXOs/Owner/Founder), Philanthropists, Foundations, CSR Heads and HNIs to help develop the fundraising strategy.
- Create and maintain database of current and potential donors.
- Respond to new donor opportunities (call for proposals); write proposals/pitch decks; participate in donor meetings; follow up with potential donors; undertake documentation and bring the donor on-board.
- Regularly engage with all donors to keep abreast of their philanthropy plans.
- Undertake reporting to donors and ensure timely, appropriate, and quality communication to all donors.
- Support the CEO/Trustees/Advisory Board and provide outreach support among their networks.
- Support senior leaders in the planning and execution of the fundraising strategy.
- Plan and coordinate potential donor outreach events/programs.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Experience in fundraising in the development sector – NGO/CSR Head (desirable).
- Have strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and spoken).
- Have experience of working closely with senior leaders.
- Have impeccable integrity and high personal ethics.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and ambiguity.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Willingness to travel when required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with knowledge and experience levels. Please apply with your resume (including current and expected salary) to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org