Overview of the Role:
The person will be responsible to manage the government relations for our 2 programs in Karnataka, to ensure successful program outcomes for all the students. This will include:
As a Strategist
- Secure Government approvals and adherence agreements from school officials for all conditions needed to ensure programmatic success for all the initiatives (e.g. MoU’s for schools from the BEO, instructional time commitments, etc.)
- Identify ed-related challenges and high-impact initiatives for the region that require partnering and/or collaborating with the government
- Take complete ownership of executing events for the programs
- Supporting the organization with key organizational areas such as Recruitment & Selection of Operations Associate or Changemaker fellows, CSR Volunteering, Advocacy
As a Relationship Builder
- Serving as an ambassador of the Involve brand and an advocate for our work and for building students’ agency in our country through both internal and external communication.
- Act as a thought partner to the other Operations Leads; provide inputs to regional roadmaps and co-design operational plans for each pilot in the region
- Collaborate with other verticals to implement cross-vertical initiatives and share region-relevant stakeholder priorities
- Work with the program team to address critical issues related to the operations; collaboratively ‘problem solve’ solutions with the team
- Develop and implement a strategy for strengthening government relationships across educational institutions (e.g. SCERT, DIET) and across all levels within each institution
- Establish channels to build new relationships with regional government officials, educational experts, and other decision-makers
- Ensure results from all the programs are documented, reports are made, communicated, and proactively discussed with government decision-makers
Why you should join us:
1) The 15% at Involve
15% of your work-time (~1 hr/day) at Involve will be allotted for collaborative learning in the initial months. This will later evolve into an opportunity, as an individual, to investigate a new idea – to innovate, to create. There are primary focus areas you could explore that can directly contribute to the project:
- Personal Development and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Student leadership & future-ready skills
- Engaging Teachers to create more opportunities for student-driven learning.
This will help identify your area of interest and explore learning opportunities, something that will contribute towards your self-development and career growth in the long run.
2) Non-linear growth
3) High Impact work; Strong ownership for the work you do and No hierarchy!
4) Young and Amazing Team (IIT, NIT, Azim Premji University, Teach for India): Say hi to any of us (Asha, Ashwini, Awnish, David, Divanshu, Malavika, Nandini, Pratibha, Samyak, Sindhu, & Suprith).
5) We are fun. Like crazy fun! & we love memes! Ask anyone around 🙂
6) We are crazy about Food, so you get brownie points for being a foodie!
People we are looking for
We always hire for attitude first, smarts next and then your skills. We are looking for individuals who align with our Vision & Values and who have what it takes to solve the most complex of problems, to build the next big education organization!
What we promise to give you is a steep growth and a great learning culture that we have built here (Read about one such experience here).
You should have:
- 1-3 years of professional experience in external-facing roles (e.g. public relations, government relations, consulting)
- Ability to quickly build relationships and influence others without authority
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to solve complex programmatic challenges
- Written and oral fluency in Kannada
- Clear and structured verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate a team and develop individuals over time
- Experience in driving operations in high pressure, goal-driven environments
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Experience in starting new initiatives and taking complete ownership of projects
Location: Bangalore (Should be fluent in Kannada, both verbal and reading)
Compensation: INR 3.5 – 4.5 LPA CTC (Negotiable based on experience & fit)
Please contact Divanshu @9087864370 or Samyak @8447707384 for details about the role or any further queries.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.