Website Khan Academy
The Khan Academy Kids team is looking for a Head of Partnerships to grow the adoption of Khan Academy Kids in preschools through Grade 2 through both district partnerships and organic teacher usage.
The Head Of Partnerships Will
- Develop our product go-to-market strategy and infrastructure, including paid district partnerships and organic teacher usage, to drive usage of Khan Academy Kids in schools. Execute strategy by collaborating with our internal Khan Kids team on execution, as well as managing relationships with key teams in the larger Khan Academy organization: leadership, district sales, marketing, finance, and legal.
- Establish and manage strategic partnerships with organizations that have demonstrated the ability to boost the profile of Khan Academy Kids and drive usage.
- Manage the team responsible for Khan Academy Kids school district partnerships and teacher engagement.
- Work cross functionally with the Khan Academy Kids team and the relevant Khan Academy functions on 1-year and 3-year strategic planning for Khan Academy Kids. Ensure we are on track to contribute to Khan Academys long-term plan, including developing and tracking progress to KPIs on acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue.
- Support CEO of Khan Academy Kids on Board presentations, quarterly reporting, and external presentations.
- Collaborate with the Khan Academy Philanthropy team with fundraising efforts including development of the Khan Academy Kids story and supporting materials. Maintain relationships with funding partners and author reports to fundraisers about the impact of their contribution.
- Work with the Khan Academy legal team to meet compliance requirements for school districts and get legal sign-off on products prior to launch.
- Advise on teacher marketing strategy and support team on execution.
- Collaborate with academic institutions to evaluate the efficacy of our early learning program in classrooms.
- Represent Khan Academy Kids externally including select conference attendance and support for marketing and media opportunities.
What You Bring
- 10-15+ years of relevant experience in business development, district sales and/or strategy.
- Deep passion for impacting the education of young children, particularly those from historically under-resourced communities, and a desire to contribute to Khan Academy s mission of a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere!
- Experience evaluating new business opportunities and establishing strategic partnerships.
- Understanding of how to evaluate business opportunities, size market opportunities, and analyze market landscape.
- Ability to influence and build relationships across an organization and externally, including at the executive decision-making level.
- Experience working with schools on the adoption of district products, ideally for preschool or elementary school. Understanding of the needs of districts, schools, and students in under-resourced communities.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate a vision and strategy.
- The ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the product and communicate the product vision to potential partners.
- The ability to operate strategically as a leader but also willing to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with the team. We are looking for a self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a small, nimble team.
To apply for this job please visit www.shine.com.