Website Habitat for Humanity
Driven by the vision that everyone needs a decent place to live, Habitat for Humanity (HFHI) began in 1976 as a grassroots effort on a community farm in southern Georgia. The faith-based housing organization has since grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S and in more than 70 countries.
The Habitat for Humanity India Board of Trustees and its leadership, in coordination with the leadership of the Area Office of the Asia-Pacific region, has taken the strategic initiative to consolidate and strengthen the operations of Habitat India as the organization emerges from the global pandemic.
Habitat India had delivered a very meaningful humanitarian response to the acute basic needs of people during these challenging times. The dire circumstances of the pandemic compelled Habitat India to pivot from its mission in housing.
The strategic decision to consolidate and strengthen the operations will help Habitat India to refocus on the core of our organizational vision and mission, and to strengthen processes and systems that have been negatively impacted during the time of the global pandemic and lockdowns.
Habitat for Humanity India (National Office)
Founded in 1983, Habitat India has one of the largest housing programmes in the Asia-Pacific region. In the past 39 years, we have worked across India to help over 38 million people live in better conditions. All efforts of Habitat India are supported by independently sourced funding and works with corporate partners, implementation partners and governments to widen its reach.
Overview Of The Assignment
Habitat for Humanity International is looking for an individual consultant to strengthen the human resource systems and reinforce organizational culture of HFH India. The Consultant will work on reviewing and updating the HR policy manual and developing HR systems for the whole employee life cycle and experience which includes policies, procedures, tools, and templates in line with the local labor law of the different area where Habitat India offices are located, as well as within HFHI standard practices.
As part of the strategic decision to consolidate and strengthen the operations, the Consultant will also conduct competency assessment and gap analysis to provide guidance on preparing individual development plans. The consultant is also expected to conduct workshops on capacity and culture building, and lead or participate in organizational review and design and strategic workforce planning.
Board-approved HR Policy Manual Review, update and finalize HR Policy Manual including the development of the training packet (ppt, FAQs, and relevant tools) for the rollout. [Phase 1]
HR systems and frameworks (procedures, framework, tools and templates): [Phase 2]
- Performance Management
- Talent Review and Succession Planning
- Compensation and Benefits Management
- Employee Relations and Grievance Management
Talent Review: Competency assessment, gap analysis and individual development plans of leaders and employees. [Phase 3]
- Capacity, Capability and Culture Building: Develop, design, and (co) facilitate training and workshops on capacity and culture building with Habitat Asia Pacific HR
Organizational Review & Design and Strategic Workforce Planning: Participate and support in Habitat India’s strategic business planning, organizational review and strategic workforce planning [Phase 4]
- Expert advice and support on various HR-related matters.
The number of hours required each week will vary across the project timeline, but it is estimated that the whole project can be delivered in six months from November 2022 to April 2023.
The candidate will be based in Mumbai, India and will work very closely with the Regional HR Business Partners (Asia Pacific) based in Manila, Philippines and the Habitat for Humanity India leadership and HR team. The selected candidate is expected to use own IT equipment and software and should have a conducive working space. The consultant should be available for regular phone calls and, may be asked to visit the different Habitat India office locations. The consultant will report directly to the Asia Pacific Regional HRBP Director.
- At least 10 years of experience in human resource management, learning and organizational development
- Demonstrated experience in HR policy research, writing, development, and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in HRLOD-related workshop design, development, and delivery
- Proven experience in talent management, workforce development and workplace culture building
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience working in a non-profit sector in India or in an international NGO
- Membership to the INGO Forum is an advantage
- Working knowledge of India labor law and labor requirements/compliance of the State of Maharashtra
- Expertise in compensation and benefits management is an advantage
This assignment is output-based, and payment will be made as follows:
- Upon contract signing – 20%
- Upon approval of HR policy manual (Phase 1) – 20%
- Upon completion and submission of Phase 2 report – 20%
- Upon completion and approval of Phase 3 report – – 20%
- Upon completion of Phase 4 report – 20%
Kindly follow this format for your document title and email subject: India HR Consultant
Proposal-Initials of Proponent-Date of Submission. E.g. India HR Consultant Proposal-JDC-10202022
Deadline for submission is on October 17, 2022 (Monday)
For the full scope and project plan about this engagement, please feel free to contact Ana Narag at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.habitat.org.