Website Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity International is seeking to hire a professional and experience The Senior Director, Integrated Planning oversees the coordination of strategy and resource planning (particularly financial and people planning) processes for HFHI. The Sr. Director will work with the VP Strategy and Senior Leadership Team members to design, implement, and continuously improve a resource planning process that relates resource allocation decisions to team-level and organizational strategic goals.
In addition to the primary responsibility for integrated planning, the Sr. Director will manage HFHI’s organization-wide “rhythm of business” planning calendar and undertake select strategic projects as determined by the VP Strategy.
- Design, implement, and continuously improve an integrated planning process for HFHI that relates strategy to critical limited resources—financial, staff, communications. This involves updating and distributing any relevant templates, maintaining and communicating the calendar of key meetings and milestones, scheduling meetings and facilitating critical decisions along the way.
- Extend HFHI’s strategy, budget, and people planning horizon to three years, subject to senior leadership alignment and support.
- Ensure HFHI’s planning process accommodates not only annual planning, but quarterly correction opportunities, and agility to shift resource in response to abrupt shocks and opportunities. This involves updating and distributing templates, collecting inputs, scheduling meetings and facilitating discussions.
- Facilitate senior teams to decisions around critical strategic and operational goals. This requires close partnership with critical stakeholders in Resource Development, Finance, Program Operations, Global People Team, and Communications to create a smooth experience for budget owners and project leaders as they develop their upcoming FY budgets.
- Facilitate ongoing prioritization by senior leadership. Prepares meeting materials, structures and leads discussion to drive to decision-making.
- Ensure that key prioritization and planning decisions are communicated to appropriate internal audiences via effective collaboration with the Global Communications Team.
- Ad hoc facilitation for strategic topics. Brings facilitation expertise to strategic challenges facing leadership teams to drive to decisions.
- Serve as a connector to keep Strategic Initiative owners and teams aware of any developments that will serve as opportunities and/or roadblocks to their advancement.
- Undertake select planning and strategy projects as determined by the Vice President for Strategy and Planning.
- Pursuant to current HFHI policy, this position requires full vaccination against COVID-19, except to the extent such requirement is prohibited by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years related experience with a minimum of 8 years in management consulting or a similar strategy and planning role.
- Experience establishing strategies and working with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated record of driving projects to deliver tangible results and sustained impact.
- Leadership and people management, including coaching, training, and motivating employees to new levels of excellence.
- Ability to provide effective counsel on strategic and critical process design and implementation.
- Ability to identify needed relationships and alliances within and among organizations that increase likelihood of success.
- Cross-cultural competence.
- Personal commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Outstanding written communications skills.
- Outstanding oral communications skills, with ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Knowledge of philanthropic, nonprofit and construction sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience influencing and building alignment with people at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to pivot from strategic to tactical when needed.
- Demonstrated experience working through roadblocks to leverage creative solutions.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Experience with process planning software a significant plus. MS Teams, SharePoint experience helpful.
- Commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment among divisions and across the broader organization.
- Ability to apply emotional intelligence to communicate effectively, empathize, and identify solutions.
- Ability to know when help is needed, and to ask for it.
- Active support of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
- Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work.
- Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
To apply for this job please visit www.habitat.org.