Website Akanksha Foundation
The Akanksha Foundation is a non-profit organization with the mission “to build one of the most innovative school networks that empowers children from low-income communities to maximize their potential”. Akanksha currently serves 10,000 children and 4000 alumni, through its 26 schools in Pune, Mumbai & Nagpur Metropolitan Regions in partnership with the municipalities.
Function/Team: Instruction Specialist Team
Location: Navi Mumbai
Compensation: Based on skill sets, experience and sector standards.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Learning
Overview of the Team: The Instruction Specialist team is uniquely positioned to implement Akanksha’s vision that aims at the holistic development of each child. At Akanksha, we teach using a self-designed curriculum based on the principles of authenticity, inquiry and skill development. The team designs and develops content for the Akanksha curriculum. It trains teachers and School leaders to develop strong instructional practices. The team works to identify and bridge achievement gaps through systematic data-driven inquiry. The team also supports schools in identifying and executing goals that build soft skills in children and helps the schools identify spaces and ways to work with parents as our partners.
What your role will entail
● Creates skill progression for the respective grade and subject with prioritized prerequisite skills for every unit.
● Curates additional content/resources that is relevant and aligned to the units and that can be used in addition to the SSC content.
● Creates BoY / MoY / EoY assessments for the respective grade and subject. Also creates the assessment blueprint/framework for the unit assessments.
● Curate and Codify the ‘Recommended Best Practices’ for the respective key stage and subject working closely with other IS team members with a focus on integrating technology.
● Builds Educator Capacity through learning spaces/workshops that train Coaches/SLs/Mentors/Teachers on –
▪ Understanding our pedagogical approach, skills progression and content choices.
▪ Implementing Akanksha Best Practices in the classroom.
▪ Developing and Implementing Formative and Unit Assessments.
● Collaborate with the School Coaches to understand prevailing instructional practices/areas of support for schools to inform the PD offerings in the subsequent months.
● Research on Curricular Frameworks, Best Practices and Ed. Developments to build our own capacity and learn continuously.
What you need for this Position Experience:
● Minimum of 2-3 years of successful teaching experience
● Prior Curricula / Instructional Design / School Leadership experience is preferred but not mandatory
● Strong content/ pedagogical knowledge and expertise
● Expertise in curricular/ co- curricular 21st-century learning skills
● Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
● Patience and capacity to solve problems
● Good planning and organizing skills
● Strong team player and has the ability to influence and persuade others
● Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
● Demonstrates a strong work ethic to achieve goals
● Openness to feedback and critical reflection
● A strong advocate for child rights
● Ability to explore all subject areas from an instructional lens
● Passionate about Educator Development
● Bachelors / master’ degree in Education preferable
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.