Website GIZ India
B. Project Background
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. GIZ International Services is implementing a Skills Development Project which will support the Government of Gujarat in establishing multiple Centres of Excellence (CoEs) and Institutes of Training of Trainers (iToTs) across the state. These institutes would be offering advanced technology training courses for trainers as well as for trainees and industry personnel in a sustainable manner to benefit vocational aspirational students and industry in Gujarat. All these institutions would be supported by a Hub based out of Ahmedabad.
This includes support towards the procurement and installation of modern equipment, support towards the development of industry validated curriculums and content, conducting and organising capacity development programmes, support to the renovation and layouting of existing facilities, establishment of international and private sector linkages, and close handholding for delivery of training.
• Ensure proper financial and administrative management according to GIZ rules and regulations
• Effectively coordinates with the staff of the finance and administrative teams at the country office
• Manage & facilitate payments & ensure data entries in Winpaccs and archiving the vouchers in line with GIZ guideline
• Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience, and information.
D. Core Scope of Tasks
1. Administrative Tasks:
• Manage day to day communication between GIZ office and the project in respect to financial and administration matters.
• Organise all administrative and logistic arrangements of project activities (meetings, seminars, trainings, workshops, study tours etc.)
• Travel arrangements for the project in coordination with GIZ office.
• Responsible for inventory management
• Reporting of all problems involving administration and regulations to the AV
• Process and check invoices form implementing and will be first point of contact for partners and colleagues related to administrative processes and queries
• Data Management and documentations as per the organizations policy.
2. Financial Tasks
• Responsible for the monitoring of day-to-day use of project funds, planning and monitoring of expenditures.
• Procure goods and services in line with PuR;
• Perform manual blacklist checks.
• Close monitoring on local project budget and correctness of project payments together with the AV and finance and contract manager.
• Manages financial administration, such as recording of cash book, bank book, receipts preparation and registration
• Close follow-up on local receivables and liabilities.
• Ensures timely follow-up on findings stipulated in monthly error sheets, ICs, internal/external audits.
• Execute and/or ensure regular unannounced cash checks (to be documented in writing);
• Travel cost settlement.
• Contract preparation (after delegation of authorization);
• Responsible for successful setup and closure of the project.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
• Keep him/herself updated with the changes in P+R and update the project where needed.
E. Required qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelor`s Degree in Economics/Commerce/MBA from a recognized University/Institution
2. Professional Experience
• 0-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of Finance and Administration
• Experience of working with developmental organisations similar to GIZ and with relevant government and international entities is highly desirable
3. Other knowledge, additional competences
• Experience of working with developmental organisations similar to GIZ and with relevant government and international entities is highly desirable.
F. Location: Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
G. Duration of contract: 1 (One) Year with possibility of extension.
H. Last date of receiving application: 19 June 2022.
Application without GIZ application form will not be considered
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• GIZ supports Work-Life Balance.
• GIZ promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
How to Apply:
Please send your application in GIZ application form https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/28418.html along with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference number in the subject line.
• a statement of suitability for this position
• expected salary and notice period
• a maximum of 2 pager notes on any one of the topics given below:
➢ Based on your experience what financial and administrative instrument should be put in place to make project implementation most effective?
➢ Write about one major challenge that you have faced in your past experience and how did you come up with a solution to deal with a situation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com