Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
About the Rebuild Team:
The Rebuild India Fund aims to support the most vulnerable communities across India, and the NGOs that work with them, by giving them the power to serve meaningfully, and the flexibility to run their organizations as they see fit. We will do this by funding 100 locally led, community rooted NGOs every year with 5 -year unrestricted grants, backed by need-based multi-year capacity building support. The fund is working with NGOs, philanthropists, and sector intermediaries to bring to the fore voices of leaders from the community and shift power dynamics in grant-making, keeping in mind the principles of Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. With Year 1 of the fund having made commitments of over 10M USD to 150+ NGOs for COVID relief, we are excited to move into this new and unique chapter of our work and build the team who will enable this. We are at a stage where we are looking for driven, passionate and empathetic individuals who are committed to supporting locally led, small, community rooted NGOs across India, are excited by the thought of creating a path-breaking movement towards challenging the status quo, and have a burning desire to see an equitable India.
About the role:
We are looking for a full-time Manager to help cultivate new philanthropic relationships (funder outreach or sales) and deepen existing relationships (funder management) across geographies. He/she will lead in designing strategies to take the Rebuild India Fund to the philanthropic community and wider philanthropic ecosystem, and achieve our fundraising goals. He/she will also lead designing and managing relationships with funders and other ecosystem stakeholders who are supporting the Rebuild India Fund, with the goal of accelerating philanthropic journeys leading to greater impact on the ground and a rewarding experience for all.
This is a roll-up-your-sleeves role for a highly entrepreneurial, flexible, dynamic and energetic individual, with a passion for transformative social change and strong knack for building relationships, front-facing with clients, pitching Dasra’s work and that of our partners and India’s civil society more broadly, running and managing small and large events, and curating communities of learning amongst philanthropists.
· Build strategic plans for the Rebuild India Fund, creating alignment between its long-term vision and opportunities within the sector, especially as it relates to support for grassroots NGOs and most vulnerable communities in India
· Build and grow Dasra’s donor base through one-to-one meetings, marketing campaigns, Dasra and bespoke events, intermediary networks, personal networking and building a referral and lead generation network
· Identify prospective donors through leveraging referrals from existing donors, secondary research and partnering with nodal agencies
· Design and oversee analyses on several donor databases concurrently as well as Dasra’s CRM system for data entry and analysis, and build discipline within the team for using databases and Dasra’s CRM optimally
· Build proposals – including funding objectives, scope of work, success indicators, budget, etc. – in line with donor interests to secure funding commitments
· Identify relevant knowledge resources and facilitate meetings / site visits between prospective donors and key stakeholders to enhance the donors’ exposure to and understanding of areas of interest
· Contribute to team and organization-level management and growth activities, such as team management, staffing, hiring, reporting, team culture and engagement, financial planning, and compliance
· Work with and lead networked teams – pulling on resources from across the organization to be able to deliver a high quality and impactful journey to our donors
· Support a peer-group through ideation, brainstorming, strategic planning, risk assessment, prioritization and problem-solving, related to program activities of Rebuild
Duration: Full time
We are looking for someone who is sales oriented, customer focused, with high energy levels, and who naturally builds relationships. Candidate should be result oriented with a strong sense of ownership.
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.