Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
About the Rebuild Team:
The Rebuild India Fund aims to support the most vulnerable communities across India, and the NGOs that work with them, by giving them the power to serve meaningfully, and the flexibility to run their organizations as they see fit. We will do this by funding 100 locally led, community rooted NGOs every year with 5 -year unrestricted grants, backed by need-based multi-year capacity building support. The fund is working with NGOs, philanthropists, and sector intermediaries to bring to the fore voices of leaders from the community and shift power dynamics in grant-making, keeping in mind the principles of Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. With Year 1 of the fund having made commitments of over 10M USD to 150+ NGOs for COVID relief, we are excited to move into this new and unique chapter of our work and build the team who will enable this.
We are at a stage where we are looking for driven, passionate and empathetic individuals who are committed to supporting locally led, small, community rooted NGOs across India, are excited by the thought of creating a path-breaking movement towards challenging the status quo, and have a burning desire to see an equitable India.
About the role:
We are looking for a full-time Associate to support in driving Dasra’s communication efforts for the Rebuild India Fund. He/she will be directly involved in the designing and implementing campaign plans and communication strategies under the guidance of team members across the program. The candidate will also work with external stakeholders to further the fund’s campaign and communications goals.
· Program implementation: Support in delivering campaigns and communications strategies aligned with Rebuild India Fund’s goals and objectives. Implement creative strategies, curate thought leadership content, manage communication platforms like social media, media, and contribute towards creating communication collaterals like videos, websites, infographics etc.
· Research: Conduct research to understand latest happenings in the sector the Rebuild India Fund plays in, as well as in the domain of communications for impact to be able to create effective strategies. Research and analyze a wide range of specialized material on campaign issues and strategies
· Stakeholder Management: Maintain active liaison with all key Communications stakeholders
· Project Management Support: Support with creating project reports and proposals as well as monitor budgets and grants with both internal and external stakeholders including vendor management[VB1] [SA2]
Duration: Full time
· Graduate with 3-5 years of work experience in the development space, advisory, research & analytics, business processes, operations etc.
· Written & Communication skills: Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
· Project Management: Achieves project deliverables within deadline, attention to detail, effectively manages own time and identifies conflicts/roadblocks with some support and guidance
· Research & Data Analytics: Frames sharp research questions, collects relevant and accurate information/data from credible sources
· Relationship Management: Understands the expectations of internal and external stakeholders and works to develop relationships towards a single goal/ project/ deliverable
· Basic knowledge about PR, digital and social media
· Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve is a must[VB3] [SA4]
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway. We’d love the opportunity to determine whether you could be a great fit.
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.