Medha better prepares youth for life after school. Our combination of 21st-Century skills training, career counseling, and alumni support propel young people on career paths of their choice. Since 2011, we have improved workplace engagement, income growth, and female work participation for 85,000 students across more than 400 educational institutions. And we are currently partnering with multiple state governments to bring our programming and approach to millions more.
We are supported by leading corporations and global foundations such as Accenture, JP Morgan, and The Mulago Foundation. We have received numerous awards and recognitions for our work, including the Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, and Ashoka Fellowships, the Dasra Girl Power Award, and were recently named a finalist for the Elevate Prize.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Medha is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices.
For more information, please visit: 1) Website 2) 2021 Impact Report 3) Program Materials 4) Strategy Growth Plan Deck
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY – MANAGER, GRAPHIC DESIGN
For the last ten years, Medha has delivered a unique experiential learning program to young people in the ‘Hindi-belt.’
Based on the Four Cs of 21st-century skills – communications, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking – the program aims to prepare young people to start and excel in diverse career paths of their choice.
Constantly upgraded and enhanced, the program has evolved significantly over the last decade, along with changing student and market demands. As we look to the future of learning and work, we are doubling down on the program’s transformative impact on young people’s lives.
This profile requires someone who understands the perspectives of different stakeholders, creates a unique visual identity for Medha, and builds the capacity of a team of young designers to be visual brand guardians.
What you will do:
You will be responsible for managing the execution of projects in one or more of the areas mentioned below. This includes but is not limited to:
- Build a strong visual brand identity: Participate in designing and redesigning computer graphics, web page graphics, logos, illustrations, advertisements, brochures, and many other forms of visual communication
- Monitor & compliance: Ensure that the delivered products or services adhere to the policies and standards of the company
- Relationship building & management: Work in collaboration with colleagues across different departments and ensure projects are completed within a timeline.
- Strategic decision making: Assist the team members to choose the right style, attractive graphics, images, and other visual elements to adapt them according to the objectives of the project
- Resource allocation: Manage budget and resources to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
What your day might look like:
While no two days are the same, some may look like this…
- You finish the design of a PPT deck, which will be presented to the Principal Secretary in the monthly steering committee meeting.
- You lead the meeting to design an event to be held In Varanasi for students, which will include the participation of 3 other stakeholders.
- You revise the project plan in Asana based on discussions in the meeting and share the meeting minutes.
- You have a call with the Student Relationship Managers of Kanpur to discuss the collaterals and co-branding required for Career Chaupal to be held in one of the colleges.
- Create a project and assign tasks with deadlines on Asana.
- You hold an internal meeting with the design team to brainstorm on the design of the collaterals and work on the collaterals.
Things we are looking for:
The ideal candidate has the following capabilities:
- Excellent creative and innovative skills.
- Ability to understand multiple perspectives.
- Patient and takes feedback positively.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
- Knowledge of interactive design, usability, and user experience.
- Expert in using vector and raster software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Affinity Designer, and Corel).
And some prior experience:
An experience of 2-3 years is preferred. However, if you have fewer years of experience and believe the skills you have built can be applied to this work, please communicate how and why in your application.
Why should you work for Medha?
- A passionate team that is committed to a shared mission.
- Grassroots ethos connected to its student community (no ivory towers here).
- Audacious goals and vision to impact millions of young people and India’s growth story.
- New initiatives and exciting projects to get involved in and learn from.
- An informal and fun work environment that doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Space to explore and find your own solutions and path (no micromanaging).
Our hiring process:
Our goal is to be as transparent and respectful of your time during the recruiting process. We use a technology platform to ensure the hiring process is comprehensive, efficient, and well documented.
To apply for this job please visit medha.zohorecruit.com.