Medha better prepares youth for life after school. Our combination of 21st-Century skills training, career counseling, and alumni support propel young people on career paths of their choice. Since 2011, we have improved workplace engagement, income growth, and female workforce participation for 85,000 students across more than 600 educational institutions. And we are currently partnering with multiple state governments to bring our programming and approach to millions more.
We are proud to be supported by leading corporations and global foundations such as Accenture, JP Morgan, and The Mulago Foundation. We have been fortunate to receive numerous awards and recognitions for our work and impact.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and being a truly equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Medha is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices.
For background information on Medha and our impact, please visit 1) Our website 2) 2021 Impact Report 3) Program Materials 4) Three Year Strategy Growth Plan Deck
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY – VICE PRESIDENT, SYSTEM ADOPTION
Medha has a vision of an India with equal career opportunities for youth, irrespective of gender, class, or caste.
We believe the most effective way to get 150 million young people into rewarding careers is by collaborating with the government education system. From day one, we chose to work at existing vocational, technical, and higher education institutions and mainstream our approach into the system.
Ten years later, this scale path has enabled us to impact over 85,000 students across more than 600 institutions in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Haryana. As we expand our System Adoption work to reach one million youth in the next five years, we are looking for an experienced, passionate leader to turn these ambitious growth plans into a reality.
If you believe in collaborating with the government as a pathway to scale, care deeply about maximizing the incredible potential of India’s youth, and want to contribute to building an organization that positively influences the development sector as a whole, we would love to talk to you.
What you will do:
Develop and grow pan-state partnerships:
- Identify, secure, and expand partnerships with education departments, resulting in improved career readiness and outcomes for youth.
- Provide strategic guidance to the government on areas related to Medha’s core competencies.
- Share thought leadership on the school-to-work ecosystem with critical stakeholders.
Build and guide a team of experts:
- Identify and build a team of domain and project management experts.
- Coach and mentor the team to build capacity and improve execution.
- Manage performance to achieve critical objectives.
Ensure unparalleled execution:
- Oversee project management and objectives to ensure on-time and high-quality deliverables.
- Identify and address challenges promptly.
- Ensure proper resource and budget allocations.
- Enforce clear expectation settings across internal and external teams and stakeholders.
What your day might look like:
While no two days are the same, some may look like this:
- Catch up with the Uttar Pradesh State Head to discuss the Department of Technical Education project and brainstorm solutions to current challenges.
- Work on a pitch deck for an upcoming meeting with the Department of Higher Education in Jharkhand.
- Have a call with one of Medha’s key System Adoption funders in Haryana to discuss progress in the state and plans for the next two years (Haryana State Head is also present)
- Interview final candidates for an impact evaluation position in one of our key projects in Bihar.
- Discuss the learnings from a recent pilot in Medha’s Core Programs with the department’s head to see if they can be applied to curriculum development work with MSDE.
- Write the storyline for an upcoming talk with Teach for India fellows on collaborating with the government for systemic change in the education system.
Things we are looking for:
Someone who identifies with our mission and vision and has the passion, experience, and persistence to execute in collaboration with the government at an extremely large scale.
And some prior experience:
We believe in diversity of thought and experiences and are open to candidates with varied backgrounds. If you believe the skills you have built from the experiences you have had in the past can be applied to this work, please communicate how and why in your application.
Why should you work for Medha?
- A passionate team that is committed to a shared mission.
- Grassroots ethos connected to its student community (no ivory towers here).
- Audacious goals and vision to impact millions of young people and India’s growth story.
- New initiatives and exciting projects to get involved in and learn from.
- An informal and fun work environment that doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Space to explore and find your solutions and path (no micromanaging).
Our hiring process:
Our goal is to be transparent and respectful of your time during the recruiting process. We use a technology platform to ensure the hiring process is comprehensive, efficient, and well documented.
To apply for this job please visit medha.zohorecruit.com.