Website Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Programs
Directly Managing: Associate, Operations
Kids Education Revolution is a project that sits under the Innovation Cell at Teach For India. It was established in 2017 with the pursuit of reimagining education with children, not just within TFI’s program and classrooms, but also beyond TFI to explore the possibility of scaling principles that challenge the traditional education system. KER aims to learn and spread out constantly evolving & growing understanding of an excellent education.
The Phase 4 vision for the Kids Education Revolution is to build a movement of more than 20,000 student leaders who will reimagine education in partnership with their educators and a movement of 2 million people who will advocate and act collectively for educational equity, in partnership with other teams at Teach for India.
The Operations Manager role would entail effectively planning for design, review, and execution of various interventions at KER and engaging our 300+ community of revolutionaries and partners towards ed equity and a reimagined education for all children. The role would include building and strengthening relationships with potential partners, planning and tracking processes, reporting to ensure transparent communication, and managing the operations associate. The Manager should have a strong vision for KER’s strategy and will play a key role in operationalizing KER’s strategic efforts in Phase 4 (2022-25).
As a Manager, Operations, you will be expected to:
Operationalising KER’s strategy towards building more leaders in Education:
- End-to-end execution of various interventions that will allow KER to scale its impact in Teach For India’s phase 4
- Project Managing the Conference of the Birds Musical (a large-scale musical, with 30 low-income school students from Pune, based on embodying the constitutional values of Liberty, Equality, Justice, and Fraternity) and investing various stakeholders (Students, Fellows, Staff, external) in the vision and outcomes of the project
- Supporting the Director and Senior Manager with Team management and culture, as well as manpower projections, budgets, and fundraising, wherever needed
- Input into the operational aspects of all additional strategic priorities to ensure efficient execution of long term events and interventions.
- Managing the collection, collation, analysis and communication of data and insights
- Conducting seamless monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities across the team, in accordance with Teach For India’s Organizational goals, to ensure continuous learning and efficient documentation in Phase 4
- Creating and maintaining a system to create, store and share relevant information to be used across team
- Managing the Operations Associate to ensure they are set up for success and equipped to accelerate KER’s on-ground operations.
- Fueling a movement of students and educators who are Reimagining Education through Collective action and Advocacy
- Work closely with the team to design and execute powerful learning experiences for students and educators towards exploring the 3 Principles and 8Cs of KER
- Liaising with national, Government-related, and global collaborators/partners to advocate for KER’s vision and mission
- Building depth and proof of concept through research, capturing impact, and finding potential innovations and partners to collaborate with
As a People Manager
- Driving engagement, growth, and retention of team members
- Engineering and overseeing a monitoring and evaluation system, coupled with strategic direction, to guide our abilities to continuously improve
As a Manager at Teach For India
- Contributing to the team goals and priorities beyond individual goals and priorities
- Serving as an ambassador of the Teach For India brand and an advocate for our work and for educational equity in our country through both internal and external communication after committing time in our classrooms to understand our work more deeply
- Supporting with key organizational areas such as Recruitment, Selection, Fundraising, Volunteering, Movement Building
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Experience in driving operations in high pressure, goal driven environments
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Experiences and examples of having taken initiative in the past
- Demonstrable ability to work towards ambitious goals in the face of challenges
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and Project Management skills
- Orientation towards innovation (openness, risk taking, embracing failure) and scale (strategic thinking, identification of key levers, making bets)
- Previous experience in teaching/education would be an added advantage (not mandatory)
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.