Website Voice 4 Girls
About the organization:
Founded in 2011, VOICE 4 Girls is a start-up social enterprise whose mission is to enable marginalized adolescent girls in India to take charge of their futures by imparting critical knowledge, spoken English, and life skills through activity-based camps. We carry out our mission through spoken English and gender empowerment out-of-school time camps. The program provides girls in India with the practical tools and knowledge needed to overcome the adversity they face. VOICE aims to reach thousands of girls across the developing world and inspire the next generation of women to take their futures into their own hands.
About the Program:
VOICE 4 Girls conducts program/camp for adolescent marginalized girls to break the cycles ofpoverty and gender inequality existing in the society by imparting critical knowledge, communication, and life skills. This program is currently operating in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Haryana. The objective of the program is to empower the girls through critical knowledge about health, safety, self-awareness, future planning, and build their communication skills including negotiation and self-advocacy.
VOICE is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M & E) who will be responsible for implementation of project activities for VOICE partners. This position requires outstanding organizational skills, interpersonal skills, drive, and initiative. The ideal candidate will bring critical and creative thinking to work with all relevant stakeholders and ensure smooth operations of VOICE on the ground.
The key role and tasks are given below:
• Develop Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the project
• Create and manage MIS data
• Identify sources of data, collection methods and resources needed and related cost
• Conduct rapid assessments, stakeholder analysis, interviews, focus group discussion and key informant interview as per the project work plan
• Document the case studies
• Analyse data and reports using excel and other statistical tools (Working knowledge of SPSS/STATA will be preferable).
• Support Operations Manager in ensuring program deliverables are accomplished in accordance with the key result areas.
• Monitor work plan deliverables, targets, budget and key performance indicators together with Operations Manager and other staff.
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
• Conduct Impact Assessments and provide relevant analysis to the ED and the Heads of Departments;
• Suggest strategies to the Senior Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
• Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Operations Manager
• Report on a weekly basis to Operations Manager and Executive Director on the key areas of progress, future plans and support needed for the accomplishment of tasks.
• Organize and conduct trainings to the team
• Any other tasks assigned by the management/operations team
Skills and competencies:
• Masters/Graduate degree in Statistics/Operations research/ Biostatistics / Economics/Maths/MBA/ public policy/Sociology with minimum 2 years of experience in data analysis will be preferred.
• Excellent grasp of English, Telugu is a must and of one additional Indian language will be an added advantage
• Strong English oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with different stakeholders – from partner representatives to college students and campers
• Ability to think independently and be proactive
• Ability to critically analyze information and revise projects and plans accordingly
• Ability to adapt to new environments and succeed in a start-up environment
• Self-starter, must be able to recognize and complete tasks without constant supervision
• Outstanding organizational skills and work ethics
• Passion for gender development and empowering adolescent girls
• Knowledge of issues pertaining to the development and education of women and girls is a plus
• Ability to travel throughout India and stay on-site for the duration of camps
• Ability to use MS Office or similar program for basic back-office work; advanced computer skills preferred
• Ability to research information related to programming – from curriculum to potential partners
• Understanding of or interest in progressive teaching methodologies
• Flexibility and willingness to take on a few tasks that are outside the expectations of the position.
How to Apply:
Please email resume/CV, letter which explains why you are a strong candidate and outline your related skills as well as your interest in this organization/role, and two professional references to email@example.com . Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please mention Application – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org