Website Doctors Without Borders
No of vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 36,540/-
Expected Start Date: 10th June 2022
Closing date: 24th May 2022 by 10 PM
Application Form: https://forms.gle/R7qWpSa1S9XoMs447
Email to: email@example.com
Doctors Without Borders/ Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural and man-made disasters and exclusion from healthcare in more than 70 countries. DWB offers assistance to people in need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Doctors Without Borders has worked in India since 1999, providing free-of-charge essential healthcare to people in remote areas, treatment and care for people affected by HIV/AIDS, malnutrition, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, kala azar and sexual and gender-based violence. An important subject for our action is containing the effect of antibiotic resistance. We also respond to natural disasters and other emergencies, provide mental healthcare, and advocate for the development of more effective and affordable medicines to improve access to treatment everywhere. Doctors Without Borders was awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development in 1996 and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999. Doctor without Borders India (DWBI) runs projects in the states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, and Manipur.
Doctors Without Borders India’s (DWBI) Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (DRTB) project in Mumbai
Free treatment, care and support to DR-TB patients
- The collaborative project within NTEP [National Tuberculosis Elimination Program] for DRTB – patient management at Shatabdi Hospital, Govandi – OPD, community outreach medical and patient support activities in M/East Ward area
- Medical, “Psychosocial Support” and “Infection Prevention and Control” in GTB Hospital, Sewri
- The independent clinic in Govandi to provide free and quality care to the most severe cases of DRTB
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds, and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender-Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements, and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperating it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance, and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock take of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorization, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Participate in the implementing, monitoring and evaluation of medical activities for HIV patients.
- Provide clinic-based nursing assessment planning and care for new and follow up HIV /MDR TB co-infected patients pts
- Triage sick walk-in patients and prioritize them accordingly. Provide emergency nursing care as necessary in designated area informing the doctor promptly of patient condition.
- Assist staff to maintain correct patient flow in the clinical area and report any problems to the Medical Activity Manager.
- Assist the secretary with the rescheduling of patients when necessary. Prioritize according to medical need in collaboration with clinic doctors. Report any problems to the Medical Activity Manager.
- Support, monitor and direct the daily work of the nursing auxiliaries in collaboration with the clinic supervisor and in her absence. Check that vital signs, weights and BMIs are being taken and recorded accurately in patient charts
- Perform injections, dressings, blood taking, sputum collection in collaboration with other nursing staff.
- Check that appointment for the collection of monthly prescriptions and blood tests are being recorded and scheduled correctly for each patient in the appointment book
- Supervise, monitor and support the daily drug dispensing activities of auxiliary nurses.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of dispensary activities in collaboration with Medical Activity Manager of the clinic.
BSc (Nursing) or General Nursing& Midwifery (GNM) recognized from a Nursing Council of India
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload & taking initiative when appropriate
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and ability to cope with stress.
- Good Punctuality and ability to act with responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required and aptitude for humanitarian medical work.
- Essential computer skills (especially MS Office MS Word and MS Excel) & reporting skills.
- Languages: English, Hindi & Marathi.
HR & Benefits (Non-negotiable)
Monthly Gross Salary: INR 36,540/-
Secondary Benefits as per policies:
- 13th Month Salary/ Festival Bonus
- 18 Annual Leaves
- 12 Casual Leaves
- Other compassionate leaves
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependents
To apply please fill out the application form:https://forms.gle/R7qWpSa1S9XoMs447 by 24th May 2022 by 10:00 pm.
In case of any technical issue or query please reach out on : firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED AND INVITED FOR INTERVIEW.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.