Website Room To Read
The Program Assistant, Admin & HR position will be based out of field office or State office (ideally the field office) as per need and this position will be reporting to the Program Officer/Program Associate. The position will perform varied day to day administrative and HR related functions, raise purchase requests, provide support in tracking expenses, make logistical arrangements, and maintain stock registers and implements administrative policies and keeps track of materials used and still in stock. Executes and coordinates operations such as meetings, conferences, workshops, and/or special event. Should be willing to travel as and when required. The Program Assistant, Admin & HR will also be required to support program functioning by obtaining and sharing relevant statistics and data from the system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Logistical and procurement related role:
- Logistics arrangements, sending invites, booking venues for any training /workshop/meeting for program and any other events.
- Procure and ensure timely distribution of material at field level and ensure that the verification of the materials distribution is done on time by the field/program team. Do necessary documentation pertaining to distribution and verification.
- Follow the procurement process of vendor identification, collection of quotation, sending to procurement committee, preparing comparative statement, and maintaining procurement register.
- Prepare new contracts or renew the existing contracts of vendors by tracking the contracts end date for all the vendors.
- Raising purchase/procurement request for field office supplies, regular program activities
- Ensure packaging and distribution of materials at the destination and regular follow up with vendors for safe delivery of material
- Ensure the proper functioning of field office and cluster libraries.
- Maintenance of Inventory registers at field.
- Organize and ensure all program related travel arrangements and transportation as per the requirement.
- Raise Purchase request for daily routine office grocery and stationery material and will ensure field office cleaning and functioning.
Program Implementation and Documentation Support:
- Reading all the program notes, manuals, sessions, and reports for best of your knowledge.
- Collect all the data and enter in data base as and when required with the support of Program Field Coordinators. All the data must be entered on time and must be error free.
- Support in verification of data to be entered in online software (GSD).
- Data cleaning of the data base will be done in timely manner.
- Extend support to Program Associates in organizing the Meetings/Training/Workshop; like documentation of meeting minutes, reaching out to the participants for follow up or updating them about meeting dates.
- Render support to the Program Field Coordinators/Program Assistants in rolling out the community level events and district/block/school level workshop/meetings/events by documenting the meeting, clicking photographs any other support as required. .
- Ensure proper documentation and provide support in content typing in Hindi and English in soft copies, converting PDF files in JPEG files for further dissemination, creating folders on the SharePoint, etc.
- Drafting the minutes of the monthly and fortnightly meetings and render support in documenting the minutes of six-monthly/monthly review meeting (whenever required).
- Any other data entry task assigned by line manager.
HR related tasks:
- Maintain attendance and leave record of monitoring staff and send updates to State admin/ accounts person, preparing admin tracker, travel reimbursement sheet of Program Field Coordinators.
- Fulfill joining formalities of new staff and exit formalities of those who left the organization (GEP and LP).
- Takes care of joining formalities of monitoring staff, verifies documents that are submitted by monitoring staff, and sends the same to SO/CO HR.
- Ensures probation goals are set within one week of joining of monitoring staff and shares the same in soft copy with SO/CO HR.
- Ensures annual goals are set as soon as the employee is confirmed and shares the same in soft copy with INCO HR.
- Manages attendance and leave record of monitoring staff, shares the same with SO/CO HR on monthly basis
- Coordinate with State finance and admin/HR departments to ensure that monitoring staff gets salary and travel allowance in time and flag related issues
- Participating in Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Review Meeting, trainings and other events organized by Program team and RtR.
- Providing required information for AP&B exercise, Facilitating Donor, CO and GO visits as and when organized.
Other Significant Relationships to be maintained:
- Ensure a client orientation in fulfilling requests of the Program Field Coordinators and deliver materials as requested
- Ensure effective liaison with State finance /Admin and HR where required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate in any Discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience
- Ability to travel frequently within the states
- Ability to perform multi-task
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision.
- Attention to details.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Strong negotiation skill
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi-task with an eye for detail.
- Strong initiative skill and proactive and solution oriented.
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
India – Rajasthan
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.