Website Room To Read
The Assistant Accounts will be based in field and will assist and report to Program Officer and on need basis to Sr Associate Accounting and Finance at state level. Primary responsibilities include assisting in maintaining all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting initiatives related to project at Field Level.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility of ensuring the proper and effective implementation of finance and admin related policies and guidelines at field level.
- Support and guidance to admin assistant in procurement, logistics and other admin related works.
- Budget tracking and provide timely alert to program team on utilization and under spending of budget.
- Will be fully responsible to prepare program/project related annual budget with support from program team.
- Verification and Finalization of billsvouchers for payment and enter in Software on day-to-day basis.
- Prepare Indirect Budget and Travel Budget independently.
- Assist state finance team in preparation of Fund Projection and Fund Request for operation and programs with support from program team.
- Assist state finance team in Monthly Closing of Accounts and submission to CO.
- Assist state finance team in preparation of TDS Details (FC and Non-FC).
- Preparation of Financial Statement of Expenditure against Fund Received of all programs and operations and shared with teams on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Any other assignment given from time to time as per organizational requirement by Manager or Program Team and SM.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field
- A minimum of two -three years of experience in NGO Accounting field and managing administration.
- Adopt at using Microsoft Office applications – word, excel.
- Working experience in Tally 7.2 or 9.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English & Hindi
- Advanced degree in finance related field/ similar field
- 3 years related accounting experience in an NGO/International NGO
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi-task with an eye for detail.
- Strong initiative skill.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
India – Rajasthan
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.