Website Care India
Program Coordinator – Communicable Disease
State Program Manager- Communicable Disease
October 2021 – September 2024
Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) and Visceral leishmaniasis (VL) are two serious public health problems on the Indian subcontinent, causing high morbidity and mortality. The governments in the region have launched elimination initiative for both these diseases. The Govt of India (GOI) goal is to eliminate LF and VL, i.e. Reduce annual incidence of the disease to less than threshold levels at the sub district (block) level.
CARE, through generous funding from BMGF, is providing strategic leadership and on-ground implementation support to the overall VL control activities in Bihar and Jharkhand in close partnership with respective departments of State Government and the National Vector Borne Disease Control Program (NVBDCP).
This is the third phase of the Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL, or kala azar) program, this phase grant aims to consolidate the work of strengthening systems to accelerate progress towards elimination and to support sustaining it thereafter, building on the current momentum in the program to aim for “elimination of VL as a public health problem”, reaching an annual incidence of below 1/10000 in all blocks by 2020 as presently defined.
With Generous support of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, CARE’s is starting a project on elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in the states of Bihar and Jharkhand. The two key strategies for the elimination of lymphatic filariasis (LF) are: Mass Drug Administration (MDA) and Morbidity Management & Disability Prevention (MMDP).
The strategic goal and primary outcome of the project is to support the Government of Bihar and Government of Jharkhand to attain sustainable elimination of LF in the two states. The project started in October 2021 and will continue till September 2024.
The Program Coordinators under the supervision of the State Program Manager- Communicable Disease, will assist CARE team members towards compiling, collating, analyzing and informing about program interventions and activities. S/he will maintain a repository of program information and data, as well as their quick summaries, action points and dashboards. S/he will coordinate with field team towards getting up to date status of program progress as well as support program team about new developments and activities. S/he will be responsible for coordinating and organizing workshops, government functionaries, and other stakeholders at the state level. S/he will be responsible for procurement, office supplies/maintenance.
The Program Coordinators will report to State Program Manager- Communicable Disease and will work in close coordination with VL State / district team members.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the State Program Manager- Communicable Disease will include the following but not be restricted to:
- Assist the State Program Manager- Communicable Disease in all components of work.
- Coordinate with the program implementation team and other support teams towards understanding their program requirements and communicate with the State Program Manager- Communicable Disease to ensure availability of the same.
- Plan , organize and coordinate meetings and workshops of the team with other stakeholders on a periodic basis to ensure information dissemination and learning.
- Support in budget, finance, accounts, traveling, IT and HR related work.
- Provide administrative assistance to State Program Manager- Communicable Disease for program management.
- Manage and maintain all official program dossiers for the State Program Manager- Communicable Disease.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/PG Diploma in any discipline from any recognized university.
- 2 years of professional experience in handling administrative tasks.
- Experience of work in the same domain in any NGO.
- Flexible with working hours and work prolonged hours when there is requirement.
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to multi-task in a diverse and continuously evolving work environment.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining excellent network and communication with program stakeholders.
- Demonstrates efficient decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and respect diversity in a team.
- Initiative taking, self-starter, ability to work without external motivations; Pro-activeness.
- Innovativeness and creative in solving problems.
- Good communication skills both in English and Hindi.
- Ability to take pressure.
- Ability of multi-tasking.
- Go-getter and a pro-active doer – who completes task.
To apply for this job please visit careindiacareers.peoplestrong.com.