PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s project “Strengthening systems for an integrated response to acute encephalitis syndrome/Japanese encephalitis in Uttar Pradesh” will be operational in all 75 districts of U.P. The project will hire two Program Officers to act as local nudge units at the Divisional level in Western UP, supporting 3 divisions each. The Program Officers will be based at 2 of the Divisional headquarters in Western UP and will report to the State Team Lead NTD & M.
S/he will be required to be the nodal officer for the AES Project in PATH in each of the 3 assigned divisions for all project-related activities.
The specific scope of work would include the following activities:
- Serve as nudge units for project-related activities in the 3 assigned divisions.
- Actively engage with the Divisional Commissioners and the District Magistrates of the assigned areas to ensure that the DASTAK / SRNA Campaigns are being given the oversight of these officers.
- Coordinate with the senior divisional and district health officials for effective implementation of system strengthening measures for control of AES like Communicable diseases.
- Coordinate with the district Public Health Experts and divisional surveillance units for implementation of technical guidelines for control of AES like Communicable diseases in their areas and serve as the Technical focal point for PATH in divisional and district training for the same.
- Ensure timely and effective reporting in all project-related data systems.
- Provide high-quality technical and strategic leadership and monitoring throughout project implementation areas.
- Work on any other task assigned as per the project requirement by the state team at Lucknow and the project team in Delhi.
MBBS with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in public health programs is essential. Post-graduation in Community Medicine / Public health field is desirable.
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in computers with knowledge of MS Office applications viz. Excel; Word and PowerPoint and the internet are essential.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Hindi and English is essential. Good working knowledge of the local language of the duty station will be an asset.
- Strong analytical, negotiating, and communication skills.
- Able to identify issues during field visits or during desk review and recommend corrective actions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, work independently, and maintain a high level of accountability.
- Ability to work as part of a team and supervise the team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, coordinate with multiple stakeholders, and maintain a high level of accountability.
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain good working relations at the divisional and district level.
Reporting: State Team Lead, NTD & M
To apply for this job please visit path.silkroad.com.