Website Digital Green
Digital Green is a development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they’re far more likely to apply what they’ve learned on their farms and in their households–improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that’s nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
The position will be responsible for extending support to a Climate MRV project, the purpose of which is to develop sustainable and scalable MRV for measurement of GHG emission estimation and build capacity of the farmers for adoption of climate smart agriculture practices. The staff will work under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Project Manager coordinating with the partners to ensure delivery of the program outputs in line with the Digital Green’s operating procedures / policies, grant agreement and statutory requirements. Looking for someone having at least 2 to 3 years of prior experience.
- Coordination with JEEViKA’s district and block offices for smooth running of field activities
- Orientation of JEEViKA’s district and block officials on project deliverables
- Field level activity planning with JEEViKA’s block managers and cadres
- Training of FLWs on data collection
- Ensuring field level data collection, necessary coordination with JEEViKA’s respective block officials and cadres
- Data validation, quality check and quality assurance
- Ensuring advisory dissemination through various channels
- Keep track of progress and targets, troubleshooting wherever required
- Reporting and monitoring
Qualifications and Experience
- Background: Agriculture / Climate Smart Agriculture
- Experience: 2-3 years of field implementation of agriculture project preferably in Bihar
- Educational qualification: B. Sc. (Ag)
- Language preference: Knowledge of local language
- Women candidates with the desired qualifications are especially encouraged to apply
If the above role meets your requirements and you are interested to apply for this position, please send your CV on or before 9th September 2022
To apply for this job please visit digitalgreen.applytojob.com.