The Programme Associate will be placed in low-income schools in Chennai to ensure under-performing students are coached and exam ready. The Programme Associate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining good rapport with the teachers, and school management to ensure effective implementation of the Bhumi’s Communities Programme in the assigned partner schools.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Manage all tutors working with schools – recruit, on-board and ensure the daily classes in the schools
- Provide training and support to the tutors to make classes effective and learning enjoyable for the children
- Conduct regular meetings with the Tutors and support them as required.
- Regularly visit all the schools and monitor on the classes
- Lead and help in the execution of the programme in the assigned schools
- Ensure every schools adheres to the programme deliverables in a timely manner
- Engage the children, tutors, parents, teachers and school management in planning for the children’s growth
- Provide periodic reports to the management on the progress and outcomes
- Ensure smooth functioning and implementation of programme activities at the school including assessments, workshops, events reporting etc
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- Graduation with B.Ed. / MSW Graduation preferred
- Preferably 1-2 experience in working with the schools / NGO / Fieldwork
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good understanding of the pedagogical aspects involved in teaching children.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and supervision Skills
- Good English speaking & writing skills
- Good orientation of MS Office
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Emotional maturity to build relationships, empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members and develop others
Reporting to: Programme Manager – Ignite Communities
Scope: Full time
Remuneration: 2.4 L – 2.7 LPA CTC, based on experience
Expected Joining Date: Immediate
Location: Chennai. Should be willing to travel to other cities
Minimum commitment: Two years
To apply for this job please visit bhumi.zohorecruit.in.