Website Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP)
The Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP) at Ashoka University is India’s first academic centre focused on enabling strategic and robust philanthropy for social impact. It strives to provide civil society with evidence-based research and knowledge products to grow scale and impact, convening platforms for norm-setting and collaborative learning, and leadership development programmes that strengthen capability and sustainability.
About Ashoka University
Ashoka University is a private, non-profit university. An unprecedented example of collective public philanthropy in India, it is a pioneer in its focus on the Liberal Arts. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across the humanities, social sciences and fundamental natural sciences. The aim is to help students become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become ethical self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service. Ashoka has built collaborations with University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, Carleton College, King’s College London, Sciences Po, UC Berkeley, Trinity College Dublin and Yale University. To learn more about Ashoka University visit http://ashoka.edu.in
About the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP)
The University’s focus is on attracting the brightest students, putting them under the guidance of the most inspirational faculty, and developing a global reputation for innovative research. Faculty and students come from across the country, and the world, and Ashoka is committed to maintaining the highest intellectual and academic standards.
Along with having a robust academic program, the University is home to Centers of Excellence that address some critical areas of relevance to society, and India in particular. This includes the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP), which aims at being the foremost Centre in India for research and capacity-building towards the critical advancement of social impact. The Centre’s research will be focused on critical topics in the space of social impact, in strategic philanthropy in particular, with emphasis on applied research.
About the role
Centre of Social Impact and Philanthropy is looking for a Programme Manager in Strategy and Partnerships for handling central functions. The candidate should have the flexibility to work on multiple projects, display a natural aptitude for new programs, work with multiple stakeholders, have a deadline-driven approach and be a team player. The candidate should be able to work in a fast moving and dynamic environment.
The Program manager should at least have a master’s degree with work experience on strategic organisation development and have been a part of roles requiring multi-stakeholder management. The candidate should have 5-6 years of experience working with minimum 2-3 years of field experience. Knowledge and experience of organising events, workshops and seminars is desirable. The candidate should have strong verbal communication skills and display a high level of creativity
- Manage relationships with and oversee end to end support for existing donors
- Ensure seamless budgeting and financial management for all donors
- Support senior management in building funding pipeline including identifying partnership opportunities, tracking donor conversations, creating project proposals
- Liaison with Funders, M&E partners, Ashoka Development Team, internal team and prepare monthly updates, project plans, quarterly strategy presentations etc.,
- Assist in fostering and maintaining institutional partnerships
- Design and implement L&D and organisational development initiatives
- Collaborate with the innovation team to develop the organisation strategy
- Minimum 5-6 years of work experience, with some experience in multi stakeholder management and strategy development.
- Highly entrepreneurial, self-starter.
- Deep understanding of working in the development sector and the challenges faced thereof.
- Prior experience in donor management and/or fundraising is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple partners and liaison with them. An established network is a plus.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and expanding team
- Right to work in India
Benefits and Compensation: Competitive, based on experience.
Location: Based in NCR, or elsewhere with travel to Sonepat 1-2 days a week. Regular travel to partner locations and workshops.
To Apply: Click here to visit the career portal. Click on “I’m interested” button on the page to apply.
To apply for this job please visit csip.zohorecruit.in.