Website Alliance India
India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India) is a diverse partnership that brings together committed organisations and communities to support sustained responses to HIV in India. Complementing the Indian national programme, we work through capacity building, knowledge sharing, technical support and advocacy. Through our network of partners, we support the delivery of effective, innovative, community-based HIV programmes to key populations affected by the epidemic. Alliance India works through NGO and CBO partners to support efforts that have a sustainable impact on HIV. We place communities at the center and work to ensure that vulnerable and marginalised people are meaningfully involved in all aspects of our response, including sex workers, men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, transgender individuals, and people living with HIV. Our programming and policy efforts are driven by evidence of what works; quality and accountability are core priorities in our interventions, technical support and grant management.
To learn more about our organisation, please visit our website: www.allianceindia.org
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager: Private Sector Engagement, the Program Officer
- Private Sector Engagement shall be responsible for the effective coordination with State Coordinators working across the country for the private sector engagement and Special ARTC component of Alliance India grant. The person will monitor the progress and track the monthly trends and reports from the States. S/he will also work in close coordination with the programme team in the documentation of good practices in States. The post-holder shall also be expected to build a good rapport and working relationship with the NACO /SACS.
- Effectively coordinate the Private Sector Engagement related activities with State Coordinators and Vihaan programme partners.
- Organise regional level coordination meetings with State Coordinators and private sector practitioners, providing services to PLHIV community.
- Coordinate agencies selected for mapping of Private Practitioners and facilitate mapping exercise in 11 High burdened states.
- Undertake regular assessment of State performances related to special ART Centers as scored by predefined NACO criteria.
- Develop National level capacity building plans for State Coordinators and roll out Capacity Building initiatives.
- Undertake field visits for a minimum of 15 days to each state, especially to prioritised ART Centres, private Medical Colleges and private practitioners of ART medications.
- Develop Monitoring frame work and Good practice templates and orient state coordinators
- Develop MPR and compile Quarterly reports to NACO/ Donor
- Develop 6 Monthly Special ARTC progress update document with evidence based data
- Provide technical handholding to State Coordinators on Monitoring Framework and Monthly Reporting and generate periodical Quarterly and Monthly consolidated reports to NACO and Head office.
- Assist State coordinators in providing quality training/ capacity building sessions to private practitioners and private Medical College staff.
- Undertake assessments, and take measures to strengthen inter linkages of ICTC, PPTCT, RNTCP/ NTEP, ART Centres and CSC.
- Ensure retention in HIV care & adherence to the highest standards of quality and excellence in patient care and follow good clinical practices by helping in improving ART- CSC coordination mechanism.
- Coordinate with NACO/ SACS on all issues relating to improving performance of prioritised ART Centres.
- Coordinate with Principals/ Deans of Private Medical Colleges and Medical Superintendents/ Director of District Hospitals/ Other Hospitals for improved coordination of ART services, with other health activities at centres;
- Facilitate coordination with professional bodies like IMA, IAP, FOGSI and SACS, at the state and district levels;
- Coordinate all training activities of prioritised ART Centres in the states and ensure good practices are followed with respect to HIV testing and Anti-Retroviral Therapy;
- Coordinate with State Coordinators and address issues of concern with SACS CST division for training of private practitioners, PPP Medical College on ART guidelines, recording and reporting;
- Compile progress of PPP ART Centres for training on recording reporting and follow-up through effective handholding process, to build their capacity
- Assist the national Vihaan team in training, supervision and establishment of follow-up systems at the state level
- Provide up-to-date information on programme implementation and related feedback on prioritised ART Centres and PPP ART Centres to SACS, ensuring that all State Coordinators send ART reports to SACS every month;
- Provide support to the national team for the implementation of any new technology/ innovation in patient care, such as, e-consultation, etc. and ensure that such initiatives are effectively implemented and managed in the assigned state
- Support the line manager in finalising routine reporting to the donor is prepared, ensuring the highest level of quality timeliness in deliverables;
- Ensure effective coordination with designated State Coordinators in other locations, as well as the national Vihaan team in general, enabling greater synergy in overall implementation of the Vihaan programme
- Participate, as requested by the Senior Programme Manager: Private Sector Engagement in relevant external committees, partnerships and consortia, which involve Alliance India as members;
- Complement the activities of the other team members and provide support wherever required;
- Strictly follow the organisational work plan and individual activity plan and proactively contribute to the achievement of the strategic directions of the organisation. Also ensure adherence to quality and timeliness of deliverables;
- Uphold the Mission/ Vision and values of Alliance India and work within its equal opportunities framework, demonstrating behaviours and competencies, as appropriate for the position;
- Masters’ degree in social sciences, health or development field (or equivalent)
- Master’s / degree in statistics, Demography will be an added advantage
- At least 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible project management experience in health, development sector.
- Experience in programmes specific to Private sector engagement will be an added advantage.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS Sector especially in the implementation of care & support programme for the key population.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management at the State/National level.
- Experience of providing technical support to, and capacity building of organisations, especially those working at the PPP models
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Experience of collaborating with community organisations and groups to deliver excellent HIV and health interventions.
- Commitment to LGBT rights and inclusion and rights-based responses to HIV and generally to the key populations affected by the epidemic.
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining strong and effective relations with donors, government functionaries, Private Sector, and other such stakeholders.
- Proven experience in proposal development process.
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to team-working, collaboration, consensus building and negotiation
- Excellent analytical, presentation, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel approximate 40% to 50% of time primarily within India where the programme is being implemented.
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Fluent in English and Hindi.
- MBBS/BDS/ PhD in Social Sciences as qualification will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of development issues and the HIV epidemic(s) in India.
- Understanding about GFATM reporting procedures and knowledge of donor’s strategies and policies
- Knowledge of other Indian regional language(s).
- The position requires a strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and NGO activities in India, and a strong interest in and understanding the relevant issues.
Alliance India is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from people most affected by the epidemic and living with HIV. As a matter of policy, Alliance India operates rigorous recruitment and selection procedures an checks.
Compensation package will commensurate with experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current salary details in the covering note.
India HIV/AIDS Alliance
6 Community Centre, Zamrudpur, Kailash Colony Extension, New Delhi – 110 048
Tel: (011) 4536 7700
Closing date for receipt of complete applications: 10th April 2022
Due to urgency of the position to be hired, we may go ahead with interviews with suitable candidates even during the application period. Hence, interested candidates are urged to apply at the earliest.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short listed candidates will be notified about the interview date
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com