Website Swaniti Initiative
Nature of Position: Project Management and Implementation
Reporting To: Vertical Lead, Swaniti Initiative
Remuneration: Commensurate with market standards and relevant experience
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand.
About Swaniti Initiative:
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policymakers and representatives. Swaniti works with State Governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states. Swaniti supports issues of climate change, health, education, gender, water, sanitation and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research and strategy support on key government policies, programs and initiatives, on-ground implementation insights for delivery of public service and technological intervention to improve service delivery.
Overview of the project:
Swaniti Initiative will be providing technical assistance to the Government of Jharkhand to mitigate the effects of climate change on the vulnerable sections. This is envisioned to be done by strengthening the existing schemes and programs implemented by the State that significantly contribute toward climate change mitigation. The larger vision of the programme also looks at how to make Jharkhand a leading State in renewable energy production and consumption while helping the State transition gradually towards more green technology. This is in line with the sustainable development goal of making India a promoter of the use of clean and affordable energy.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for a passionate, vision-driven and experienced professional, who is eager to contribute to the government system by working on schemes and programs that contribute towards mitigating changing climatic conditions. The individual should have a background in climate change mitigation/energy/renewables. The work will be focused around need assessment, facilitating alignment of policy decisions, brainstorming with relevant stakeholders and following up with the allied departments of the Government of Jharkhand. The Project Manager (PM) will be acting as a catalyst between several departments of the state government and will also operate in direct concurrence with the Vertical Lead of Swaniti Initiative. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains while working with the allied departments of the State government.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Project Manager is expected to summarize evidence from the field research and plan the corresponding strategy for the execution of the action plan.
- To manage the day to day operations of the team and represent the team at the relevant policy review meetings at different levels of the government in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Provide assistance required for the projects to the State Project Manager
Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the state headquarters like the secretaries of the departments, commissioners of the allied departments, directors, and project officers at the divisional and district level
- Establish a consistent communication network among each of these stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
Institutionalize Systemic changes:
- The Project Manager is expected to provide recommendations and support to the government in institutionalising structural policy interventions.
- The PM has to provide required assistance and guidance to the government stakeholders to ensure that the recommendations are adopted and disseminated at each level of the administrative machinery.
- Masters in subjects like Public Policy, Planning and Urban Development, Development Studies, Economics, Rural Development/Statistics, Regulatory Governance etc.
- At least 4 years of work experience with minimum 2 years of prior working experience in integrated projects of mitigating issues of climate change/fossil energy/agriculture etc
- Candidates having a background in Sustainability/ Renewable Energy/ Climate Change advocacy/ Environment / Rural Development and Livelihood transformation will be preferred
- Candidates with excellent communication skills, Team Management skills, Project Management
- Skills and the ability to draft proposals and develop project reports etc will be given priority.
Skill and aptitude required
- Team Management
- Critical thinking ability
- Problem-Solving skills
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Data Analysis
- Proficiency in MS office and basic IT Tools
To apply for this job please visit www.swaniti.com.