Website Adhyayan Foundation
Adhyayan Foundation has been working with the DoE, Goa to build the capacity of 1000+ government officials and school leaders to:
a) review school quality across the state
b) provide professional development to school leaders
c) use data to monitor the quality of schools, build systemic accountability as well as provide support to schools based on their needs.
The next phase is to hand over to the state with SOPs and monitoring systems that will ensure sustainability of the activities. The Project Manager, Learning Outcomes, will oversee the roll out of the ‘Learning Navigator’ a tool designed to enable teachers to make data-driven decisions to improve literacy and numeracy outcomes of primary age students. The programme will be rolled out across 700+ Government Primary Schools across Goa with the aim of ensuring sustained and targeted improvement of learning outcomes in alignment with NEP’s Nipun Bharat Mission.
The programme is supported by Gyan Prakash Foundation and enabled by technology developed by Gooru India Foundation.
Experience and Qualifications:
● Minimum 5 years of experience working in the field of formal education including classroom teaching experience with a strong grasp of child-centric pedagogy in the Primary schools.
● Minimum 1 year experience of working with government stakeholders.
● Post graduate degree in education/any other social sciences preferred.
● Experience building the capacity of stakeholders in education is preferred, especially teachers/school leaders.
● Experience in managing projects and leading small teams.
● Own the end -to-end project lifecycle from onboarding & alignment with the larger Systemic School Improvement Programme to the adoption of the Learning Navigator platform
● To build capabilities of the team and the stakeholders to implement formative assessments in the classroom and use data for differentiated instructions.
● To continuously document product usability and content efficacy feedback and insights from the ground and feed into the product improvement process.
● To build the capacity of Zonal and hub level leaders to interpret and use the data from the Learning Navigator in alignment with the larger Systemic School Improvement Programme in Goa.
● To document best practices and change stories.
● To work closely with Project Managers across the Systemic School Improvement Programme to ensure learning outcome related data and insights are available across the system.
● To work closely with Gyan Prakash Foundation team to plan, review progress based on the needs, challenges on the ground and insights from the data.
● Build, maintain and improve an active and collaborative working relationship with the partner organisation.
Skills and Attitudes:
● Ability to build the capacity of adult learners.
● Ability to mentor a small team with empathy and accountability, identify their professional development needs and support the same continuously in the field.
● Ability to make connections across multiple pieces of a project and communicate that clearly to all the stakeholders involved in the project.
● An eye for detail.
● Ability to multitask effectively.
● Ability to analyse and draw insights from data.
● Strong documentation, planning and follow up skills.
● Great communication, listening and collaboration skills.
● Strong problem-solving skills.
● Ability to ride a two-wheeler and ready to travel to schools.
● Ability to speak Marathi is required, Konkani is a plus.
● Flexible and open to working in a dynamic and challenging environment with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
● Professionalism and ethical standards that ensure timely delivery, discretion and respect for Adhyayan’s organisational culture and code of conduct.
● Passionate about educational equity and willing to learn.
Our Organisational Culture: We are a small and highly motivated team. We strongly believe in the agency of the stakeholders we serve and drive towards enabling independent learning for ourselves and our stakeholders. To us, learning is like breathing and we appreciate critical questions. We are committed to fostering an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We are looking for co-creators and self-starters who enjoy challenging work. If you fit the bill, do apply.
Duration: 2 years
Remuneration: Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills
Start date: 1st May, 2022
Apply: Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – ‘Application for PM Learning Outcomes | Goa’.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com