Website Central Square Foundation
Position: Project Manager, Strategic Communications
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit organisation working to ensure quality school education access to all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
Achieving foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 is essential for better learning outcomes for all children in school, and we have been working relentlessly to make this happen. We believe in leveraging technology to improve foundational learning in primary classes and provide remediation support in upper primary and middle school. We also work towards creating a more enabling environment for affordable private schools so they can prioritise improved learning. In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as support the government in driving systemic impact. We collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge, build evidence and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, EdTech, classroom instruction methods and governance.
CSF’s team members bring a deep sense of commitment and passion towards our collective vision that every child deserves quality education. We strive for excellence in everything we do and collaborate to create an impact as we move closer to achieving our mission. We encourage an entrepreneurial outlook that evokes new and bold ideas along with taking smart risks. CSF provides a dynamic, learning and positive environment that is driven by our strong sense of values.
The Strategic Communications team at CSF plans and implements all communication activities for CSF across our impact areas: foundational literacy and numeracy, EdTech, and private school governance. The team builds salience and surround sound on our impact areas by strategising and implementing campaigns, and developing high-quality content and collaterals.
The team collaborates with other teams across CSF working on our impact areas, provides technical and programmatic support to the government(s), builds partnerships with other organisations for driving impact, and generates research and evidence. The team also works in association with several media houses and journalists. The team partners with social media firms, and works closely with creative and advertising agencies to develop high-quality collaterals.
The Project Manager, Strategic Communications will be responsible for developing content, and managing our digital assets including our website, social media accounts, and newsletters. S/he will actively work across our impact areas to develop communications campaigns, generate content, and support other teams. The candidate should be able to come up with creative ideas, have strong writing skills, and be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for knowledge management, and managing partners/ vendors while providing them with timely and relevant information. The candidate will report to the Project Lead, Strategic Communications.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
○ Develop, implement, and evaluate campaigns across the three main issue areas of Foundational learning, EdTech and Private school governance
○ Map and engage stakeholders and influencers for campaigns
○ Develop concept notes and presentations for campaigns
○ Identify and see through media and digital opportunities for campaigns
○ Liaise with agency and partners to ensure high-quality collateral creation and provide them with the necessary support and information
○ Manage relationships with agencies, partner organisations to ensure deliverables in a timely manner
● Content creation and editing
○ Articles, blogs, OpEds for media houses and CSF newsletters
○ For collaterals like posters, leaflets, brochures, fact-sheets, a/v scripts, etc.
○ Social media copies
● PR and media relations
○ Drafting press releases and pitch notes
○ Identify opportunities for media activities and/or media partnerships around campaigns and important external and internal events
○ Manage media contacts and respond to media queries
● Managing CSF’s owned communications assets
○ Manage CSF’s digital presence across platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
○ Increase CSF reach and engagement and ensure a coherent digital ecosystem for the organisation
○ Develop customised and digital friendly content and collaterals
○ Lead redesign, development, and maintenance of CSF website
○ Monitor data and analytics for our social media assets and newsletters and create regular reports. Develop growth strategies based on the reports
○ Manage and regularly update CSF databases and digital media analytics dashboard (newsletter, website and social media performance)
○ Manage distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and the foundation’s annual report
○ Ideate and create innovative communications vehicles to create momentum and maximize stakeholder engagement
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Health Communications or related fields
● 3-5 years of work experience in planning and executing mass media and social media campaigns
● Excellent presentation skills and proficiency in drafting communication material in different formats – newsletters, social media copies, press releases, OpEds, etc.
● Experience of storyboarding, branding and communications
● Excellent writing/ editing and verbal communication skills
● Strong visual aesthetics
● Digital know-how: website development, social media management
● Experience of working with media teams and agencies, including copywriters, graphic designers, video editors, animators, etc
● Ability to synthesize content inputs from different individuals and develop coherent and engaging content customized for different communication vehicles
● Knowledge of a wide range of media outlets, including print and digital. Should possess the ability to create a pitch and engage actively with media for generating coverage on important issues and topics
● Functional knowledge of graphic designing and video editing
● Creative and analytical thinking, and ability to ideate and articulate creative ideas
● Entrepreneurial spirit and a strong ‘bias to action’ attitude
● Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
● Ability to work proactively, with little supervision
● Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
● Planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
To apply for this job please visit tcf.kekahire.com.