Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
About the Rebuild Team:
The Rebuild India Fund aims to support the most vulnerable communities across India, and the NGOs that work with them, by giving them the power to serve meaningfully, and the flexibility to run their organizations as they see fit. We will do this by funding 100 locally led, community rooted NGOs every year with 5 -year unrestricted grants, backed by need-based multi-year capacity building support. The fund is working with NGOs, philanthropists, and sector intermediaries to bring to the fore voices of leaders from the community and shift power dynamics in grant-making, keeping in mind the principles of Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. With Year 1 of the fund having made commitments of over 10M USD to 150+ NGOs for COVID relief, we are excited to move into this new and unique chapter of our work and build the team who will enable this. We are at a stage where we are looking for driven, passionate and empathetic individuals who are committed to supporting locally led, small, community rooted NGOs across India, are excited by the thought of creating a path-breaking movement towards challenging the status quo, and have a burning desire to see an equitable India.
About the role:
Team Leads are responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the design and execution of multiple projects. With over 5 years of experience and strong management skills, a Portfolio Team Lead in the Rebuild team is responsible for driving impactful decision-making and nurturing talent within the organization, and will have the below responsibilities-
· Develop a deep understanding of grassroots organizations and social issues in the non-profit sector
· Work with the team on the design and execution of NGO portfolio related tasks including due diligence of potential grantees, capacity building of portfolio NGO leaders and teams, and thought leadership on insights generated
· Conceptualize thoughts, with strong writing and communication skills to generate insights and powerful perspectives
· Create, and guide the team in the creation of compelling written/presentation materials that influence funders, NGOs and internal stakeholders
· Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, linking insights and data across sectoral themes
· Build and manage relationships with the internal team and external NGO leaders, partner and funders
· Support the team to develop and oversee project management systems and tracking of deliverables against project plans
· Independently support the creation of one or more project plans/workstreams and management against those plans from end to end
· Contribute to team and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces
· Under minimal supervision perform complex assignments and fulfill broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on professional judgment /precedent
· Translate insights into team level learnings and efficiencies
· In a supervisory role, handle work assignments, and be responsible for quality, motivation, training and problem solving.
Duration: Full time
· Has 5-8 years of experience in the Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on research, consulting, writing, knowledge management and multi-stakeholder engagement and knowledge of philanthropy and grassroots issues.
· Brings sharp written and communication skills, and is able to build frameworks to communicate a compelling narrative with some, but minimal guidance.
· Has strong project management skills, including the ability to define project scopes, plan with some support and guidance, manage the project team and ensure work efficiency and quality while managing budgets, and adhering to deadlines.
· Can develop and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders including funders and NGO leaders with trust and confidence and guide them towards determined goals/projects/deliverables.
· Has strong commitment and the ability to develop a team and nurture talent to deliver excellence.
· Has an entrepreneurial attitude with a willingness and ability to build systems and processes, work independently, bring structure, as well as think and act creatively in a resource-constrained, ambiguous environment.
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway. We’d love the opportunity to determine whether you could be a great fit
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.