Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
The Recruitment Manager (RM) is responsible for inspiring the brightest of minds across a region/segment to join the Teach For India Fellowship Program. Recruitment Managers oversee the brand presence and penetration of the organisation and Fellowship in a particular region. They secure engagements in top institutions by creating a diverse ecosystem of ambassadors and advocates within colleges, corporates and youth hubs. They create an inspiring and high-quality candidate experience that attracts and retains the greatest potential talent to join our program.
Note: This role will be an on-ground role that will involve travel, including in-person time with relevant stakeholders, meetings with high potential candidates, and conducting events at different venues. Openness to location flexibility would be appreciated.
- Creating a compelling regional/portfolio vision and strategy to engage with institutions and individuals in order to attract the best and the brightest leaders in a city.
- Building and managing relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders such as heads of colleges, corporates, youth hubs, alums, Fellows and staff to create strong networks in the region that will ensure sustainable channels for the Fellowship Program.
- Designing and executing recruitment campaigns/engagements/presentations in colleges, corporates, youth hubs and other events across the country.
- Meeting with high potential leaders of the city and investing them in Teach For India’s movement towards educational equity all the way up until the Fellowship.
- Identifying and managing a team of Campus Leaders from the top colleges or corporates in the city, Fellow Recruiters and interns, and coach them towards outcomes.
- Designing a high-quality candidate experience right from the time when the candidate expresses interest in the Fellowship Program until the candidate joins the Fellowship Program.
- Planning and executing events for the prospective Fellows to build the essential knowledge, mindsets and beliefs in them that are required to join Teach For India’s movement towards educational equity.
- Building solid working relationships with relevant teams within TFI for cross-functional collaborative projects.
- Managing systems and processes for strong operations and monitoring & evaluation mechanisms to keep track of progress.
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- 2 years of professional experience
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in any field
- Goal orientation and ability to meet targets/deadlines
- Strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Strong communication, including the ability to deeply listen, speak & write compellingly, build relationships and invest people from diverse backgrounds in our work
- Operational excellence to set up and manage tight systems and processes for complex projects
- Data orientation while decision making
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Build and manage complex teams, and influence without authority In-depth knowledge of the Teach for India Fellowship Program
- Previously engaged in market research, branding and sales
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in a social/ developmental field
- 2- 4 years of professional experience in the social sector
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.