Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
- Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
Reporting to: Regional Development Lead, West
Directly Managing: Development Associate
Manager, Partnerships and Engagement will be responsible for 100% renewals for a portfolio of existing funders and drive donor reporting and donor engagements. Specific responsibilities include:
As a Manager, Partnerships and Engagement, you will
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for long-term and high-potential donors (CSR, Foundations, and Individuals) in the West region and grow existing partnerships through superior engagement, donor delight, branding opportunities, impactful reporting, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a renewal strategy for maximizing grant/donation sizes to scale TFI programs and initiatives in the next decade.
- Execute strong donor reporting requirements via effective impact monitoring and evaluation systems. This would include collecting and analysing data, editing stories from the Fellows, and drafting visually compelling reports.
- Support the Senior Manager and Vertical Head with board engagement and leveraging the leadership team to cultivate donor champions.
Build and sustain operational excellence, at scale
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate data on donors in our online CRM system (Salesforce) and driving rigorous usage across regions for renewal/upgrade projections and data-driven insights
- Adherence to MOU commitments, governance structures and policies like Child Protection Policy, field-trip policies, and educate the team and donors for compliance
- Ensure quality control in all donor-related systems and processes – Impact Reporting, Stewardship, Audits, Finance, Knowledge management, and due diligence
Engage with multiple stakeholders
- Work closely with the Senior Manager for planning and strategizing yearly fundraising goals and operations plan, team hiring, and stepbacks.
- Work with the Communications and Finance teams for budgeting and to ensure reporting commitments are met, partner with other Vertical Heads and teams (e.g. Alumni Impact, HR, Training & Impact) to maximize Teach For India’s external positioning to support the development goals
As a Manager at Teach For India
- Contributing to the team goals and priorities beyond individual goals and priorities
- Serving as an ambassador of the Teach For India brand and an advocate for our work and for educational equity in our country through both internal and external communication after commiting time in our classrooms to understand our work more deeply
- Supporting with key organizational areas such as Recruitment, Selection, Fundraising, Volunteering, Movement Building
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Graduate/Postgraduate in any field
- 2-5years of relevant work experience in client-facing roles (business development or fundraising)
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Demonstrated excellent written communication by way of proposal or grant writing)
- Strong project management skills (Experience in managing multiple complex projects)
- Commitment to excellence, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in driving operations in high pressure, goal driven environments
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Experiences and examples of having taken initiative in the past
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.