Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
The mission of the Development team is to build lifelong champions of the cause and to acquire financial support for the movement. As one of the most external-facing teams, we build high-impact sustainable partnerships and strong champions for the movement through various engagement avenues and immersions with our students, Fellows, Staff, and our Board. The Development team has repurposed fundraising efforts by building strategic partnerships, newer channels of giving, and strong teams and systems resilient to future threats.
The Regional Development Lead, North, will be a key leader of the team, building deep partnerships with existing donors, in Delhi and Ahmedabad and strategically cultivating lifelong champions and partnerships for the movement, to acquire new donors. We are seeking a high performing leader who possesses exceptional relationship-building skills, entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative and effective approach to leading teams, and a deep personal belief in Teach For India’s vision and mission. He/she should also possess equal strength in operations as the backbone of any successful fundraising effort.
The responsibilities of the Regional Lead will be to raise funds by building new champions and deeply engaging the current pool of donors. Along with the City Director, the RL will hold the fundraising goal for Delhi and Ahmedabad which will include both renewal and acquisition goals.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for long-term and high-potential donors (CSR, Foundations, and Individuals)
- Deepen existing partnerships by curating bespoke engagement, donor delight, and branding opportunities. This role would require a deep understanding of the organization to articulate the need and challenges authentically to donors to build partnerships, catalytic to scaling TFI programs and initiatives
- Develop a renewal strategy grounded in a deep understanding of the interests and priorities of existing funders as well as of the interests and priorities of Teach For India
Build and sustain operational excellence, at scale
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate data on donors in our online CRM system (Salesforce) and driving rigorous usage across regions for renewal/upgrade projections and data-driven insights
- Adherence to MOU commitments, governance structures and policies like Child Protection Policy, field-trip policies, and educate the team and donors for compliance
- Ensure quality control in all donor-related systems and processes – Impact Reporting, Stewardship, Audits, Finance, Knowledge management, and due diligence
Raise funds by building new champions
- Generating clear and compelling written communications for key external audiences, including the preparation of donor proposals, concept notes, reports, high-stakes emails, PowerPoint presentations, and other communications to inspire prospective donors to support Teach For India
- Pursue Corporations, Foundations and strategic alternative sources of funding in Delhi and Amdavad. Leverage regional board support to unlock new funding
- Revise and build a comprehensive and adaptive strategy for the current and successive year
Engage with multiple stakeholders
- Work closely with the City Directors and the Development Head in these areas -Goal-setting & strategic planning, reviewing progress to goals of the engagement team, cities, and ideate on strategy review and revision, and execute the same
- Supporting and working closely with the City Director to drive fundraising goals in the city,
- Board engagement and leveraging the city leadership team to cultivate donor champions
- Work with the Communications and Finance teams for budgeting and to ensure reporting commitments are met, partner with other Vertical Heads and teams (e.g. Alumni Impact, HR, Training & Impact) to maximize Teach For India’s external positioning to support the development goals
- Transfer of learnings: The Regional Lead will be responsible for the transfer of learnings from Mumbai to the cities that they will manage so that there is an effective learning loop
- The Development team has a great culture of openness and collaboration where the Regional Lead can add value by helping maintain that culture
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Graduate/Postgraduate in any field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in client-facing roles (business development or fundraising)
- Excellent written and verbal communication (Demonstrated excellent written communication by way of proposal or grant writing)
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong project management skills (Experience in managing multiple complex projects)
- Commitment to excellence, accuracy and attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Previous experience working in the development/education sector. Sectoral exposure to corporates/foundations/worked with HNIs with fundraising experiences preferred
- Experience with having worked with CXOs/Senior Management stakeholders
- Experience of having taken on entrepreneurial projects
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.