Website Udayan Care
Regional Coordinator – Udayan Care IT Center Programme
Location: Delhi NCR
Reporting to: Asst. Director –UCIT/ Prog. Manager
Section 1 | About Udayan Care
Family is the anchor for an individual’s emotional and physical well-being. A weakened family structure or absence of it hinders the development of an individual into a confident, strong, and emotionally balanced individual, who is capable of caring for his/her own family in the future.
Udayan Care was established in 1994 by Dr. Kiran Modi. Udayan Care’s single-minded focus is on strengthening the family structure and it also informs and drives the curation and design of its programmes – whether it simulates a family environment or supports them through providing for education, vocational skills and employability training to children and youth coming from lower socio-economic strata, so that they can sustain and strengthen their families.
- Through the power of mentorship, we nurture children, who are orphaned, abandoned, and at risk, in the warmth of a simulated family environment at our 17 Udayan Ghars, in 4 States. Once the children reach the age of 18 years, they move into our Aftercare Programme and continue with higher education or vocational training towards employment. So far more than 1500 children and youth have been impacted through the programme.
- We support higher education of young girls whose families cannot afford it through the Udayan Shalini Fellowship Programme. More than 11000 Shalinis from 26 chapters across India, have gone on to complete their education since the programme’s inception in 2002.
- We empower under-served youth and adults to improve their employability skills at 16 of our Information Technology and Vocational Training Centers across Delhi NCR, Kurukshetra (Haryana), and Srinagar (Uttarakhand). The plan is to roll out more centers across other states in the coming years. We are working with State governments of Bihar and MP to develop demonstrable models of Aftercare, in partnership with UNICEF.
- Our Aftercare Outreach Programme started in 2020, caters to youth coming out of other Child Care Institutions. It encourages them to create associations and self-help groups which provides them with learnings and support of shared experiences.
Udayan Care advocates for children’s rights in alignment with the Indian Constitution, the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), and the Sustainable Development Goals, in its programmes, as well as through its efforts in advocacy, research, publications, and by organizing and participating in seminars and conferences, and through training, childcare cadres in standards of Alternative Care.
Section 2 | Purpose of the Role
The overall mandate of the Regional Coordinator (RC) is to provide the leadership and efficiently manage one or more Centres (typically 4-5 Centres) of UCIT programme within a specific region. This includes executing the vision of the UCIT Programme and ensuring its successful implementation in the Centres of the assigned Region and framing growth strategy for Asst. director. The RM will also be responsible for developing, refining and implementing the Operations strategy including aspects such as developing a comprehensive implementation plan, actively participating in program strategy, guiding and leading the team towards a strong, performance-oriented approach.
Section 3 | Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring successful implementation of all aspects (outreach, enrolment, training, placement, retention) of the UCIT programme in all centres of the region
- Maintaining and reporting all programmatic data (student enrolment, training data, assessment data, placement data, retention data)
- Ensuring programme outreach in the region through mobilization, community connect programmes, etc.
- Developing and delivering value-adds to the programme through guest lectures on various subjects
- Organising donor engagement activities for each center – volunteer sessions and special training sessions for donors, field visits for students, etc.
Administrative and Operational Responsibilities
- Overseeing all administrative and operational requirements of the Centres in the region
Resource management – scheduling trainers, inventory of materials, management of centre utilities, etc.
- Budget management for all Centres in the region
- Review and approval of expenditure statements for all Centres
Team Management Responsibilities
- Setting KFAs and targets for all team members in the region
- Managing staffing for all Centres
- Ensuring regular training and up-skilling of all team members in the region
Communications and Outreach
- Helping HO team with stories and updates for social media
- Developing programme case studies
- Maintaining positive relations with the regional community
- Developing potential stakeholders in the region – donors, employers, etc
Programme Promotion Roles(Across all media Networks)
- To create success stories for promoting Udayan Care and UCIT Programme.
- To advocate by writing small write ups pertaining to contemporary areas, social causes and which are covered under the umbrella of Vision and Mission of Udayan Care.
- Any other job or related task as advised by the Managing Trustee/ED/ Asst Dir (UCIT)
- Travelling and Weekend hours required (from time to time).
Section 4 | Experience and Qualifications
- Around 5 to 7 years of work Experience in national/multi-state level NGO/ Academics will be preferred.
- At least 4 years work experience in a Youth Skilling and Employment Enhancement programme
- At least 2 years work experience as a Programme/Center Manager / In-Charge
Educational Qualifications & Skills Required
- Masters in any recognized discipline (Preferred MBA/BBA) or social sciences from an institute of repute.
- High-end communication skills are required for this position.
- The job will involve local as well as outstation travel.
- The job will involve working on weekends, whenever required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com