The Centre for Social and Economic Progress is looking for a motivated and hardworking postgraduate in Economics (MA with two years of research experience or MPhil. in Economics), interested in policy-relevant research on aspects of international trade and trade policy.
About CSEP: The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts in-depth, policy relevant research and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policy makers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research.
Our researchers work across the domains of Economic Growth and Development including Urbanisation; Energy, Natural Resources and Sustainability; Climate Change; International trade and trade policy; and Foreign Policy and Security. All our research and policy recommendations are freely available to the public.
CSEP is based in New Delhi and registered as a company limited by shares and not for profit, under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 1956 (now Section 8 of Companies Act, 2013).
- Work with senior scholars in planning and executing research on various aspects of international trade and trade policy
- Awareness of data sources, trade data, extant research and policy discourse on international trade and related issues
- Contribute actively to high quality policy relevant publications
- Play an active role in institutional activities like organising and assisting with CSEP seminars, roundtables, and conferences.
- Ability to pursue inter-disciplinary research across international trade and international economic relations
- Background in Economics with knowledge of econometrics and techniques of empirical analysis and estimation
- A keen eye for detail and excellent writing skills
- A quick learner with a penchant for exploring and learning new skill sets
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
CSEP is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and a work sample along with two references by the 10th of June, 2022. Please submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and add your cover letter and work sample as attachments when you apply, with the subject line ‘Research Analyst – International Trade and Trade Policy.’ Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com